• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 1

179 posts in this topic

All the settings were right. I can make it bigger. Jpg's suck. They look so nice when they are .tif's but when you convert they just get ruined. This book has 600 pixels per inch, where as say the last one that Nikos did had 400. I have no idea, if this one gets complaints I can run it through again or another scanner to try and combat.

I have no problem with scanning jpgs. There is probably something wrong with your conversion software that you're using to change them from tif to jpg.

Can't you just scan them as 300 dpi jpgs and then shrink them down to 850 pixels width? That's the perfect size because you can see fine detail but it's not too large. These scans are too grainy.

Who is gaute? Are they a regular forumite? I feel I've lucked out in this first round draw. At least I'm not up against anyone who scored 30 or more in the latest Nikos contest. Course I could be wrong and this gaute could be a regular CGC grader.

Player 3vs4

#3 Aces

#4 Alberto1975

sumo.gif

Take a deep breath, no pressure poke2.gif

I must feel the grade...

I must let the comic speak to me...

angel.gif

Damn, I'm up against toro. I'm probably the newbiest newbie in the contest and I'm matched up against one of the 3 finalists from the last contest. 893whatthe.gif

Thank god there is a loser's bracket. Good luck everybody.

Who is gaute? Are they a regular forumite? I feel I've lucked out in this first round draw. At least I'm not up against anyone who scored 30 or more in the latest Nikos contest. Course I could be wrong and this gaute could be a regular CGC grader.

hi.gif

Representing Scandinavia 893whatthe.gif

hi.gif

Representing Scandinavia 893whatthe.gif

hi.gif

Damn, I'm up against toro. I'm probably the newbiest newbie in the contest and I'm matched up against one of the 3 finalists from the last contest. 893whatthe.gif

Thank god there is a loser's bracket. Good luck everybody.

Don't worry, you saw how well I graded the last book! I am heading to loser city with a bullet on this one!

Player #44 Team America is dropping out.

So, player #43 Slacker is our first to receive a bye, and automatically moves on.

Figured the shill wouldn't last long yay.gif

Player #44 Team America is dropping out.

So, player #43 Slacker is our first to receive a bye, and automatically moves on.

I humbly accept the bye, for the record I have already submitted my grade so I will at least have a guage of how I did prior to the grade being released.

I will be on the sidelines watching. popcorn.gif Good luck to you all.