• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad wrap...
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I did a search, but was not successful, so here I am..... What, if anything, will a factory error misaligned cover wrap do to a comic's grade? ... Assuming no other issues with spine.

Randomly picked this Spidy Annual as an example. Would a misaligned wrap that is straight with staples in the edge of spine be much different in grade from this example?....Thanks

IMG_1355.JPG

Thanks BB.... I can always count on you for a quick reply.

Do you think collector's would usually shy away from a mild miswrap... unless of course it's a sought after edition?

Edited by jokiing
added to comment...

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

i really never heard about "miswraps" tell I came around here. honestly never thought it was a thing. Curious to hear answers from the knowledgable around here. 

HaHa same here, didn't bother me at all until I found these Boards. Now, I am still tolerant if the white stripe is pretty even but I don't like it when it's crooked. The example shown is here is not too bad but it's a common book and I would wait for a better copy.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:30 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

HaHa same here, didn't bother me at all until I found these Boards. Now, I am still tolerant if the white stripe is pretty even but I don't like it when it's crooked. The example shown is here is not too bad but it's a common book and I would wait for a better copy.

This. I don't mind the stripe either, but a crooked one is an eye-sore. Now, if I have the option of no stripe (perfect wrap) vs an even white stripe, I'll take the no stripe every time.