• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Infantino Flash Art

10 posts in this topic

I recently purchased the first 8 pages from Flash 140.  It was a gift from Julie for a letter of comment to a local Chicago collector.  I think it would be a shame to break it up, but I bought it for resale.  Thoughts?

Since I'm guessing that you don't have the complete story (just the first 8 pages) I would break it up. It's hard when you love the medium to break up some thing like that but the logistics of displaying that many pages is difficult and only a few collectors would have the resources  to purchase the whole thing . I would keep a couple of the best consecutive pages (frame and display) and then sell the rest . It hurts but you take some comfort in knowing that you made the art available to more collectors who appreciate the work that might not be able to afford the whole batch. It might be more effort for you to sell them individually but the $ return might be greater. I think most of us would love to be in your position...Good Luck!

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, Moondog said:

I recently purchased the first 8 pages from Flash 140.  It was a gift from Julie for a letter of comment to a local Chicago collector.  I think it would be a shame to break it up, but I bought it for resale.  Thoughts?

Where's Bill C at?

On 8/5/2018 at 5:00 AM, rrichards said:

Since I'm guessing that you don't have the complete story (just the first 8 pages) I would break it up. It's hard when you love the medium to break up some thing like that but the logistics of displaying that many pages is difficult and only a few collectors would have the resources  to purchase the whole thing . I would keep a couple of the best consecutive pages (frame and display) and then sell the rest . It hurts but you take some comfort in knowing that you made the art available to more collectors who appreciate the work that might not be able to afford the whole batch. It might be more effort for you to sell them individually but the $ return might be greater. I think most of us would love to be in your position...Good Luck!

Thanks for your insight.  I'm of a similar mind.  As many know, I've been dealing for 40+ years and in retrospect I wish I had kept some collections intact that I purchased.  But I'm a dealer and profit is a prime motivator.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:24 PM, pemart1966 said:

Very cool.  Do you have photos of the art?

I do, but on my phone (BB) so they're not easily accessed.  I'll get around to it eventually.