• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spine ticks, color breaks

10 posts in this topic

I've looked around forms and the general consensuses is.. the spine tick color break even though small one will almost get you right at 9.6 no matter what to start. Has anyone submitted a book with just a small spine tick color break and it return a 9.8? 

4 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Those days are gone 

So there is no chance? so if i submit this book i'm gonna get 9.6 assuming thats the only problem? thing is the book has never been touched and also really can't find anything else wrong with it. that tick it breaks color but its so faint. Talking in between 1/16 and maybe maybe little more then that. 

6 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Yeah they are pretty strict right now. 1 color break seems to be an automatic 9.6 even if it's tiny. 

damn. that stinks. i know its not even a bad tick neither. oh well thanks for the advice 

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

Believe it or not, that particular flaw has always been strictly enforced in a 9.8 or higher, at least in my experience.  :sorry:

Intresting. So you're saying there's a chance?

16 hours ago, Apg9176 said:

damn. that stinks. i know its not even a bad tick neither. oh well thanks for the advice 

Why does it stink ? Let me ask you a question, if you bought a 9.8 and upon receiving it the book had a noticable color breaking spine tick, would you be happy ? People expect a 9.8 to look perfect. It may not be perfect but the flaws should not be as obvious as a color breaking spine tick. IMO, a 9.8 should have a perfect spine. I'm sorry but your book is no better than 9.6, no matter how much you keep asking. BTW, I'm sure if you keep asking someone will come on here and say you can get a 9.8. :baiting:

5 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Why does it stink ? Let me ask you a question, if you bought a 9.8 and upon receiving it the book had a noticable color breaking spine tick, would you be happy ? People expect a 9.8 to look perfect. It may not be perfect but the flaws should not be as obvious as a color breaking spine tick. IMO, a 9.8 should have a perfect spine. I'm sorry but your book is no better than 9.6, no matter how much you keep asking. BTW, I'm sure if you keep asking someone will come on here and say you can get a 9.8. :baiting:

Oh. I didn't mean it stinks as in a bad thing. Just sucks because the book is in great shape. Wouldn't be upset with 9.6.. New this just trying to get an idea. Sounds like 20% chance it's gonna be 9.8.. Again thanks for the responses