• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealers / Rinse and Repeat model
7 7

283 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Thanks to you all for your helpful advice. And also for not taking the ! That's actually the first time I've ever admitted my depression to anyone other than my mum. And to a bunch of strangers on the internet! I feel pretty stupid and embarrassed for having done so. Anyway, things are looking a lot brighter today and I am soldiering on, I scanned some books at the weekend and listed them for sale on eBay. And I have decided I'd rather not sell them all anyway, better sell the stuff I'm not bothered about and keep on collecting what I like. I'd sell them in a heartbeat for 20 grand, but that's just never going to happen, and comicbookrealm, yeah, ridiculous valuation, but handy for keeping track of have's and have not's.

Just a curiosity, but what would you buy my Spider-Man's for? And what would you sell them for if you were in my shoes (a collector to a dealer)? You'll laugh but CBR say they're worth $12,509.21    

Using the CBR or the Guide are helpful but are really just that - a starting point.  For a much better idea of what they are worth is to check recent sold prices on e-bay for the books you have.  Grade is of course critical and you will get most bang for your buck for any keys.  Get a final total and cut that in half and you have a good starting point for what a dealer will offer you for a Spiderman collection. 

57 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Thanks to you all for your helpful advice. And also for not taking the ! That's actually the first time I've ever admitted my depression to anyone other than my mum. And to a bunch of strangers on the internet! I feel pretty stupid and embarrassed for having done so. Anyway, things are looking a lot brighter today and I am soldiering on, I scanned some books at the weekend and listed them for sale on eBay. And I have decided I'd rather not sell them all anyway, better sell the stuff I'm not bothered about and keep on collecting what I like. I'd sell them in a heartbeat for 20 grand, but that's just never going to happen, and comicbookrealm, yeah, ridiculous valuation, but handy for keeping track of have's and have not's.

Just a curiosity, but what would you buy my Spider-Man's for? And what would you sell them for if you were in my shoes (a collector to a dealer)? You'll laugh but CBR say they're worth $12,509.21    

You never know what's going to happen tomorrow. Please stay and post more.