• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JLA 177 &178 dc Whitman? do they exist?

8 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, telerites said:

Not my collecting area of expertise but I think this guy would know  @RockMyAmadeus 

He may see this and chime in - he is a boardie and loaded with knowledge about this stuff and more

Thanks J! Actually, Metarog or Shield-Agent would be the better guys, but both books are still unverified. They might exist...but they haven't been found. They *probably* don't exist.

comic book realm  lists both books and also lists 2 and 3 owners but no pics? that's the best info I have found yet? they do list sgt rock 329 with no pic but we know that exists? so it makes me wonder? then again they listed a sgt rock 330 Whitman with no pic and one owner  too? 

29 minutes ago, keithl said:

comic book realm  lists both books and also lists 2 and 3 owners but no pics? that's the best info I have found yet? they do list sgt rock 329 with no pic but we know that exists? so it makes me wonder? then again they listed a sgt rock 330 Whitman with no pic and one owner  too? 

I suspect those who listed they own them made a simple mistake, and meant the regular issues.

Also, comic book realm erroneously lists them as "Whitman reprint"...they're not reprints. 

Who knows, it's certainly possible they do exist...but many people have been diligently searching for them for a very long time now, and they haven't turned up.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:37 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I suspect those who listed they own them made a simple mistake, and meant the regular issues.

Also, comic book realm erroneously lists them as "Whitman reprint"...they're not reprints. 

Who knows, it's certainly possible they do exist...but many people have been diligently searching for them for a very long time now, and they haven't turned up.

My opinion = NO, they do not exist.

Also, per Doug Sulipa about two years ago:

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #177 ( I had REMOVED from Overstreet) = probably does NOT exist

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #178 (I had REMOVED from Overstreet) = probably does NOT exist