• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This listing has to be a joke, right?
4 4

35 posts in this topic

I’m guessing the logic of it (I use that term loosely here) is that he is signed up to send in books vs somebody who doesn’t already have a membership to do the same?

Given some of the eBay sales on things already I can’t knock his business model if he gets any takers. It’s not really dishonest if you make a unreasonable offer with all the details to someone and they still accept.

Edited by N e r V

19 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

6ABAA6C9-09DB-474E-9BBD-2D852B5E5975.png

Wow, now that’s a loaded question to someone.

Sounds like some of the offers hookers probably entertain.

What are you going to do if he promises to love you for a long time, baby...

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

I’m guessing the logic of it (I use that term loosely here) is that he is signed up to send in books vs somebody who doesn’t already have a membership to do the same?

Given some of the eBay sales on things already I can’t knock his business model if he gets any takers. It’s not really dishonest if you make a unreasonable offer with all the details to someone and they still accept.

Yeah I don't think this listing violates anything. This however requires a giant leap of faith from the buyer of this "service". You'd of course have to assume they're not going to just keep whatever is sent to them. How exactly would they bill you for the CGC grading fee & return shipping since I'd assume that's separate from the 100 dollars? Who's dumb enough to send this guy billing information + books to be graded??? 

Assuming everything's honest you'd be paying 100 dollars not to join CGC (which is just 25 dollars a year minimum) & not to fill out / print the online form. Plus you'd be waiting much longer to get your books back since you're shipping to Hawaii. What's the shipping + insurance cost for shipping to Hawaii? Not even sure USPS flat rate covers Hawaii?

There are tons of buffoons out there but Jeez... really?!

the only thing I can think is that they do offer free local pickup-- so maybe if you live in Hawaii and can save that portion of the cost it might make some sense.

I did note that they did not go with the OFFER so this is costing them 37 cents - they are in it for the long con.

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Hey, price has been reduced to $35!

You know...$35 to fill out my invoices...which can get realllllly laborious....isn't a bad deal!

hm

;)

don't forget the $20 shipping charge :makepoint: