• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's wrong with this picture? Chapter IV - The New Journals

30 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Dear Diary

I saw Greggy today. He looked adorable in his shorts. His backpack was full of romance books which created enough weight to bring out his pecs in his dark knight returns shirt. 

I think he had a sharpie in his pocket because something poked me when he hug me from behind

He was looking for your Newton Ring. 

22 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, the new journal section is difficult to navigate.   Terrible.  Won't even bother anymore (and there were quite a few in the old format that I read).  

Some of the better ones have moved thankfully. Maybe once the penny drops how universally unpopular the decision was someone might create a new journal forum and allow the old ones to be migrated to it en masse and reopened. 

7 hours ago, Tony D said:

I enjoyed reading the old journals and did not visit the new journals after a few exploratory forays. To say I am disappointed by the closing of the old journals would be a vast understatement. 

Yeah, I know. I created this thread because I think the journals migration has had a negative affect and discourages participation. The hope is always that common sense will prevail, and unpopular decisions will be reassessed and perhaps reversed if sufficient feedback warrants it. But this morning, I feel very tired of fighting these battles. So I'm ducking out now from this kind of thing in the future. I've seen other board members change their posting approach to good effect and I think I'll try and do the same from now on. So be prepared to be bored only by pence ramblings from now on :wishluck: