• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pgm asm 800 1:500

6 posts in this topic

It's a mystery with these. My 1:500 & 1:1000 got 9.8s, but that bottom corner defect wasn't quite that bad. My Dell' Otto Virgin came back 9.6 & looked identical to the Ditkos. One of my 700s had a rip that big & also got a 9.8. Probably gonna be one of those (shrug)  :wishluck: 

Edited by Not A Clone

9 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

i'm shocked beyond belief............

At the 9.8s? I went in with my LCS owner on the 800s & went through the boxes looking for books that didn't have the defect. Finding a couple that had a minuscule amount of tear took forever :cry: Pretty much every single book looked like these or worse. Some of the variants were even worse. The Mobius Virgin covers had to be returned & the returns weren't much better. Marvel really needs to change their paper for these oversized books. CGC just looks at it like a printing defect up to a point. 

Here's my 1:500. You can see on that bottom corner where it sticks out slightly. looked at my 1:1000 & it doesn't have it at all. Those usually come straight from the Marvel office though. At least my 1:1000 #25 Romita did. It was shipped separately direct from Marvel with a "thank you" lol. 

ASM_800_REMB_1.jpg