• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you ever think about comics at the atomic level?

45 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

would add atoms to the 6.0 .

14 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

remove large numbers of atoms

Atoms exist. Can more be made? Can the number of existing atoms be reduced (read eliminated)?

I think this is going to be a failed experiment.......

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Define "significantly" because I already allowed for 0.00001% difference. :sumo:

1 hour ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Atoms exist. Can more be made? Can the number of existing atoms be reduced (read eliminated)?

I think this is going to be a failed experiment.......

I think the examples I gave would add or remove much more than that %age.

I wouldn’t be able to quantify exactly. I’ve never deliberately soiled or scribbled on a comic or torn a piece out, and then analysed the before-vs-after difference. 

19 minutes ago, bc said:

You guys need to get to the sub-atomic level to foster any serious discussion...

Yup.

As my OCD worsened, I considered just this very possibility. 

I was, in the end, unsatisfied by just settling for the grading differences between the large molecules and atoms in my comic books.

Too rough an estimation.  I now needed to descend into the world of superstrings, in order to obtain the necessary accuracy, and my final peace of mind.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.

As my OCD worsened, I considered just this very possibility. 

I was, in the end, unsatisfied by just settling for the grading differences between the large molecules and atoms in my comic books.

Too rough an estimation.  I now needed to descend into the world of superstrings, in order to obtain the necessary accuracy, and my final peace of mind.

You should relax.  My chemistry teacher in high school used a hand puppet of a Scalopus aquaticus and the soundtrack from Milli Vanilli's "Baby, Don't Forget My Number" to teach us 6.02 times 10^23rd.  Just hum along and let the OCD dissipate.