• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color touch on this ASM #15?

12 posts in this topic

Was looking at this ASM #15 on ebay. It's a nice looking book, but can't tell if it's color touch (close to spine) or just lighting. No mention of it in the notes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-15-Lee-Ditko-Featuring-Kraven-The-Hunter-Nice-Ungraded/323400742441?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edited by Not A Clone

1 minute ago, comicquant said:

Is there something you're seeing specifically?  From the images I don't see any indication color touch has been applied.  

4th picture (the sideways spine view), just below the .12 logo, the purples look like different shades. It could be the lighting, but it looks weird to me. My copy is too faded to compare. I'm definitely no resto expert. 

4 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

4th picture (the sideways spine view), just below the .12 logo, the purples look like different shades. It could be the lighting, but it looks weird to me. My copy is too faded to compare. I'm definitely no resto expert. 

I think thats just the lighting causing the colors to appear lighter or darker.  Those color breaking creases that pass through that area don't seem to have any sort of ink-bleed from the surrounding area.

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I think thats just the lighting causing the colors to appear lighter or darker.  Those color breaking creases that pass through that area don't seem to have any sort of ink-bleed from the surrounding area.

Thanks, just wasn't sure that they didn't leave a color-break in there to avoid suspicion. 

1 hour ago, Not A Clone said:

Was looking at this ASM #15 on ebay. It's a nice looking book, but can't tell if it's color touch (close to spine) or just lighting. No mention of it in the notes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-15-Lee-Ditko-Featuring-Kraven-The-Hunter-Nice-Ungraded/323400742441?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Clean. Those deep crease furrows impact the cover enough to cause shadows that appear as color touch might, but in this case, I see no obvious image tells for color touch.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Clean. Those deep crease furrows impact the cover enough to cause shadows that appear as color touch might, but in this case, I see no obvious image tells for color touch.

Thanks! Was considering bidding on it, but I'm always hesitant on raw books that aren't from here or my LCS.