• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Single Page Record ?

20 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Action 1.  Page 1. Origin page. Brittle. Looks to break 20k with still 2 days to go. Will it break 25 ??   Has a single page gotten more ?  

I use to own that page, won the super man pages of action 1 from heritage raw.  Had each page graded.  Even offered it here on the boards, not even an offer.  Eventually sold all the pages, happy with the prices I got.  But $20k would definitely be a world record price 

13 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I use to own that page, won the super man pages of action 1 from heritage raw.  Had each page graded.  Even offered it here on the boards, not even an offer.  Eventually sold all the pages, happy with the prices I got.  But $20k would definitely be a world record price 

I remember when the raw  set was won. I thought it looked trimmed and shyed away. I don’t think you paid more than 25k for  all of them stapled ???  (22k)

13 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

The page super man tossing the car fetched more than the origin page.  Origin page was 2nd in value

And that one resold for 16k. The 2 best pages. I go back and forth on my favorite i owned the car toss page at one time 

8 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I remember when the raw  set was won. I thought it looked trimmed and shyed away. I don’t think you paid more than 25k for  all of them stapled ???  (22k)

Yeah bought them for a good price.  I was a nervous wreck removing the staples holding the pages together.    The pages were brittle.  I touched them once and off to cgc they went!

Edited by Spiderturtle

As we know the Book that started it all is Action Comics 1 the Holy Grail. The popularity is what made possible TEC27.

After you flip through the cover you have the First Page! What do you Find the ORIGIN of Superman that is still the same today. The birth of the hobby. Also clark kent and Superman in Action pun intended on the next.

I think the Superman Page 1 and Cover Swipe are far superior than the 3 TEC 27 Batman pages. They will sell multiples of othe super man pages.  Also 7 supes pages and vs 3 batman pages. 

non superman pages start at 2k plus  same as tec 27. ZERO available on the market!!! Says alot... Collectors are holding on to them.

The supes and batman pages are 10k+++ people are not selling them

The Action 1 page 1 is 30k+++ in todays market ( the holygrail of page collecting bar none)