• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collection themes

4 posts in this topic

Just curious for old and new collector's does your set have a theme or is there a specific signature rule or guidelines you follow? For example it doesn't bother me if a artist signs something he didn't work with or on but aslong as he is known for his work with said hero I enjoy them to sign the books I have.

I also collect covers with superhero's fighting each other I don't ever plan to sell my  books so they are all personal value to me.

One of my favorite thing about comics is the endless themes to explore. Seen some who collect specific cover objects (skulls, spiders, underwater, flags, war themes, etc.), specific artists, specific titles, specific superheroes, specific publishers, etc.. And then there are all the genre's like Good Girl Art, Pre-Code Horror, etc (check out any of the Golden Age or Silver Age forums). Too many to even list...

Signatures add a whole new dimension to the equation as do those who only collect pedigree versions or specific grades and/or page quality.

Personally my collection has 2 themes: High-grade Pre-Hero Marvels (Post Atlas Implosion '57-'63) and WWII Schomburg Human Torch covers in mid-grade.

As usual : Collect what you like!

-bc