• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Marie Severin

26 posts in this topic

It is you timing of the comment more then anything else.

Also, if you knew Marie Severin she was very fond of Herb Trimpe and I do not think she would appreciate your comment at this time as well.

Your right that you can give opinions on artists that you like or not but like everything else in life, Timing is Everything...…………….

For someone who didn’t know her, two things always seemed to stand out - she seemed to be a super nice person and she had a variety of skills that made a big contribution over many years, both apparent and being the scenes.

One of the main reasons I bought the complete story to Iron Man #83 was her superlative inking of Herb Trimpe. 

Not a Marie expert but my Everett focus led me to pick up two of their cover collaborations (CoD 6, MSH28).

Feel like for every cover she drew, she laid out at least a few others - not sure if there are credits for all those

Below is a sketch of Bill Everett by Marie Severin

Glad she got some recognition eventually!

Severin Bill Everett Portrait 001.jpg

Edited by mtlevy1