• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 2

167 posts in this topic

I agree. And no one ever said these contests were about anything other than deriving grades from scans. Since we're not going to be sitting around in an auditorium for three weeks grading actual books, I thought this was pretty obvious and understood.

Very True! Looking at scans and guessing the grade will never replace holding a book in your hands and turning the pages yourself. ( And seeing where little Johnny dropped his snickers bar). You can assume that the book is structurely sound but assuming makes an(oh never mind,,that is too corney)

I agree. And no one ever said these contests were about anything other than deriving grades from scans. Since we're not going to be sitting around in an auditorium for three weeks grading actual books, I thought this was pretty obvious and understood.

Hobgoblin posted:

I don't think it's a great way to do a contest such as this, but in the end, I suppose it will be the best graders who win regardless.

You'll look less like an @ss if you read what was being responded to before getting all giddy about pulling out the cute scans... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

And Toro posted....

Very True! Looking at scans and guessing the grade will never replace holding a book in your hands and turning the pages yourself. ( And seeing where little Johnny dropped his snickers bar). You can assume that the book is structurely sound but assuming makes an(oh never mind,,that is too corney)

You'll do better too Jimbo. You've always envied my cute scans and you know it! 27_laughing.gif

BTW Jim....considering how easy it is to wind you up, I present you with your new avatar! A Red Hook Special! thumbsup2.gif

windup.jpg

I actually like that! thumbsup2.gif

But I like my current avatar just fine...maybe you can give it to some other deserving member(s)... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

BTW Jim....considering how easy it is to wind you up, I present you with your new avatar! A Red Hook Special! thumbsup2.gif

windup.jpg

But I like my current avatar just fine...maybe you can give it to some other deserving member(s)... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Please, let's keep our members out of this. insane.gif

windup.jpg

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif