• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 171

9 posts in this topic

Linking the images due to larger file sizes

As shown in the 5th image, almost every page has a series of 3 holes at the bottom, however they appear to be a printing defect and not caused by anything afterwards. Not sure if that affects the grade. Almost positive I'm going to have pressed as well (unless anyone here thinks it doesn't need it). Thanks so much for your opinions. I am definitely submitting for grading so I will follow up with the results. 

Edited by SBRobin

57 minutes ago, SBRobin said:

Linking the images due to larger file sizes

As shown in the 5th image, almost every page has a series of 3 holes at the bottom, however they appear to be a printing defect and not caused by anything afterwards. Not sure if that affects the grade. Almost positive I'm going to have pressed as well (unless anyone here thinks it doesn't need it). Thanks so much for your opinions. I am definitely submitting for grading so I will follow up with the results. 

The holes aren't an issue. That's common. It's from the gripper at the printers. I'd give this an 8.0.

19 hours ago, SBRobin said:

I would be ecstatic to have an 8.0. Do you feel it would benefit from a press?

Honestly I wouldn't have this graded unless it has tremendous personal value to you. It's a common book. Even a 9.6 CGC could be had for around $50. If it had a shot at 9.8 I'd say get it graded. 

19 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Honestly I wouldn't have this graded unless it has tremendous personal value to you. It's a common book. Even a 9.6 CGC could be had for around $50. If it had a shot at 9.8 I'd say get it graded. 

Census only shows one 9.6 ever graded and 27 total. I should have specified in the title but this is the 35 cent variant. Estimated distribution is under 1000 copies.

Yeah, I was going through comicspriceguide.com the last several weeks and inventorying my old collection when I just happened to notice there were two versions and looked at mine. I have no idea how I ended up with it since I never lived in one of the test cities, but out of my entire 1000+ collection from when I was a kid, including my ASM 238, 300, 361, this of all things is potentially my most valuable. 

9 hours ago, SBRobin said:

Yeah, I was going through comicspriceguide.com the last several weeks and inventorying my old collection when I just happened to notice there were two versions and looked at mine. I have no idea how I ended up with it since I never lived in one of the test cities, but out of my entire 1000+ collection from when I was a kid, including my ASM 238, 300, 361, this of all things is potentially my most valuable. 

Looks like a 7.0 sold for $150 back in March. Nothing else recent other than a $50 4.0 in June.