• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garbage Pail Kids Art

7 posts in this topic

Anybody out there collect this stuff? I am on a group page with collectors but none of them seem to have branched out to comic book art too. Which seems odd. I could be wrong so putting it out in the world to see if there are any collectors of both in this group.

Long shot... But you never know.  

8 hours ago, Stan Singh said:

Anybody out there collect this stuff? I am on a group page with collectors but none of them seem to have branched out to comic book art too. Which seems odd. I could be wrong so putting it out in the world to see if there are any collectors of both in this group.

Long shot... But you never know.  

I’d love to collect the stuff, if only the paintings from the original series popped up often at affordable prices. Two showed up on HA about a year ago and they finished between $15k-$20k. Clearly they are not for the casual collector. There are the more affordable prelims by John Pound and Tom Bunk that exist although I’ve not seen them come up in the secondary market. Considering their rarity in the open market and their cost, and I can’t speak about who has what in private collections, I just can’t imagine it an easy thing to have a large collection of GPK original paintings. What are collections like in your group?

15 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I’d love to collect the stuff, if only the paintings from the original series popped up often at affordable prices. Two showed up on HA about a year ago and they finished between $15k-$20k. Clearly they are not for the casual collector. There are the more affordable prelims by John Pound and Tom Bunk that exist although I’ve not seen them come up in the secondary market. Considering their rarity in the open market and their cost, and I can’t speak about who has what in private collections, I just can’t imagine it an easy thing to have a large collection of GPK original paintings. What are collections like in your group?

A few folks own a lot of art and dont sell so we dont see many come up. I wish we could see more though! The owners might be wise to let a few slip out to the public so values can be established.