• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn 9 - what grade might this be and why would it NOT a 9.8?

2 posts in this topic

Here is my Spawn 9. I know you're supposed to refrain from saying what you think the grade is, but my problem is that I have several mid 90s comics like this (X-Force 1 and 11, Spawn 1, X-O Manowar 3, Rai 0, etc) that I am considering submitting because it would be worth it only if they are 9.8s. I am still new to grading and don't really understand how hard it is to get a 9.8. It seems to me like almost all brand new books would seemingly automatically be a 9.8. The aforementioned books to me all appear to be almost perfect and how they were when I purchased them. I know a 9.8 can have 1 small and even sometimes 2 defects. All my books look pretty much like this, so I am trying to learn reasons why this (and my other books) might not be a 9.8. 

As to this Spawn 9, the only flaw in the entire book that I can see is that the corners has some minor rounding instead of being perfectly sharp, and in picture 4, you can see some minor wear on the corner in the bottom left. Thanks for all critiques!