• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do so many people keep plastic bags on their slabs and keep their books in bags and Mylars when snapping pics?
4 4

35 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Maybe you should try reading the entire post and not just cutting some small part of a sentence out. The answer is there noob.

I apologize to you as I either overlooked that part or replied without reading your entire comment. 

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Nelson Muntz.  Look him up sometime...

I do know who Nelson Muntz is but I had no idea this was a quote from the character on The Simpsons. I am grievously at fault for not being familiar with the dialogue quoted by you. Please accept my humble apology.

42 minutes ago, Tony D said:

I do know who Nelson Muntz is but I had no idea this was a quote from the character on The Simpsons. I am grievously at fault for not being familiar with the dialogue quoted by you. Please accept my humble apology.

That's OK.  Still plenty of time to make up for this faux pas ... it's not like this thread is over or anything.  After all, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

17 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That's OK.  Still plenty of time to make up for this faux pas ... it's not like this thread is over or anything.  After all, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

44 minutes ago, comicquant said:
3 hours ago, Tony D said:

Is that you Ned?

Ryerson or Flanders?

On 9/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, topcat54 said:

I do it often I would say it's for faster listing.

But I don't want to put a lot of finger prints on the book either. Or get the tape stuck to the cover of a NM or better book. Plus most of my listings are for lower end books. I have over 10k  books I am getting ready to sell. Bad enough you have to scan or take pics of all of them imagine having to unbag and rebag each one.I try to can all mine there is a difference from taking pics. at least I think so.

But I will try a long box and see how long it takes to do this.

Can you really tell the difference just wondering these were scanned 

My initial post (and discussion point) was pictures of books in bags. The extra layer of plastic, mylar, etc creates a lot of glare and distraction that prevents you from seeing the book properly when taking a pic (as in a photograph with a cell phone or camera).

With scanners that is not the case. A scan looks almost identical whether inside a Mylar or not.

Edited by VintageComics

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:31 AM, topcat54 said:

I do it often I would say it's for faster listing.

But I don't want to put a lot of finger prints on the book either. Or get the tape stuck to the cover of a NM or better book. Plus most of my listings are for lower end books. I have over 10k  books I am getting ready to sell. Bad enough you have to scan or take pics of all of them imagine having to unbag and rebag each one.I try to can all mine there is a difference from taking pics. at least I think so.

But I will try a long box and see how long it takes to do this.

Can you really tell the difference just wondering these were scanned 

out of plastic

1416782995_ihscanraw.thumb.jpg.b4cde8462448db7de9bda72fa434b251.jpg

in plastic

76035324_ihscan.thumb.jpg.a6dd9702dc3a2251032e219115e6f346.jpg

I see no diff at all my friend