• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Obama paraphrases AF 15
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Obama gives a great speech eulogizing John McCain and paraphrases the final panel of AF 15 at two minutes into the video here.

According to google Stan Lee did not originate the idea of the phrase “with great power there must come - - great responsibility!” but I think he certainly put it into pop culture and more common usage.

Edited by TheSurgeon

Obama is a well known fan of the genre... he grew up on comics and is well versed with them.  There was definitely a Spider-man influence with his inclusion of those words.  

"I grew up loving comic books. Back in the day, I was pretty into Conan the Barbarian and Spiderman. Anyone who reads comics can tell you, every main character has an origin story -- the fateful and usually unexpected sequence of events that made them who they are," Obama wrote in an e-mail encouraging activists to share their "origin stories" with a nonprofit organization.

Source: https://comicbook.com/2015/03/25/barack-obama-i-grew-up-loving-comic-books/

Edited by Buzzetta

Yeah, O has used that phraseology a few times. With the coin former presents make it might not be a bad idea for him to pickup a few key slabs!

Stan sent him an autographed Spider-man poster in '09 

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/comic-riffs/2009/01/obama_the_superhero_stan_lee_e.html

_20180901_181717.JPG

Edited by MGsimba77
Adding picture