• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loki, Scarlet Witch & More in Disney Spinoff Shows

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Plus to me the benchmark for super hero tv shows is Daredevil Season 1. That is the gold standard.

I would say also Daredevil Season 2, Jessica Jones, and Punisher Season 1 beat any of the CW shows.

What's cool about the Netflix Marvel shows is you can binge watch them, and with only 13 episodes go back and rewatch them.

That's hard to do with the CW shows with all their episodes. So quality over quantity here.

This in a nutshell. 

You could easily do a story with Scarlet Witch, Agatha Harkness, and Ch'thon.  That writes itself, and taps into the Supernatural/vampire crowd if you play it that way.

Marvel and DC are equally mediocre for me as far as tv goes.  My favorite show not mentioned is Lucifer, which doesn't follow the book, but is still good fun.  SHIELD and Legends should both be scrapped immediately.

35 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

You could easily do a story with Scarlet Witch, Agatha Harkness, and Ch'thon.  That writes itself, and taps into the Supernatural/vampire crowd if you play it that way.

Marvel and DC are equally mediocre for me as far as tv goes.  My favorite show not mentioned is Lucifer, which doesn't follow the book, but is still good fun.  SHIELD and Legends should both be scrapped immediately.

That sounds like a great idea with Scarlet Witch. Loki would be cool too if they keep him in Asgard.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:43 AM, bane said:

I would say the opposite.

Marvel - Daredevil (awesome), The Punisher (awesome), Jessica Jones 1 (very enjoyable), Luke Cage (snooze fest), Iron Fist (barely watchable)

DC - Gotham (bored after series 2), Arrow (bored after series 3), Supergirl & Flash (too hokey looking to even bother watching), Legends of Tomorrow (Beyond terrible)

DC animated is a whole 'nother level and has been beating Marvel over the head for decades.

I did not care for DD - I was bored after episode 4 of season 1 and have not returned to it. The story of every episode is fairly predictable, and I bet that as the show runs along it will lose viewers. Cage and Jessica Jones did not do much for me either and I stopped them after a couple of episodes. I have not tested Punisher yet, and will likely give it a chance sooner or later.

I do agree with you on the DC TV shows becoming repetitive after a couple or three seasons as well. My kids and I stopped watching them all last season and have not bothered going back.