• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake fake fake

9 posts in this topic

Not sure if Rick is a Russian troll on this.....

I appreciate when people on these forums point out suspicious sellers, and this auction house is certainly a candidate!

David

P.S. Note how many lots are "attributed" to famous artists.

Edited by aokartman
detail

4 hours ago, aokartman said:

Attr =Always an issue.  Always from 'a private collection', so there is no accountability on authenticity or provenance.  Never published for some reason either. 

With that many red flag sale wide? It may be that a boring Boring increases it authenticity.  A good fake is still a fake, NOT saying this is, but it always has a voice for it's authenticity that is muffled and doesn't ring quite right, especially regarding history and origin of the piece.

7 hours ago, aokartman said:

Not sure if Rick is a Russian troll on this.....

I appreciate when people on these forums point out suspicious sellers, and this auction house is certainly a candidate!

David

I took a second, and third look. Quite a few are suspicious. Then I noticed they were from St. Petersberg, Russia—red flag. Those cannot be Lichtenstein’s works, and the Miro’s are pretty shaky (among others). Herve and Schultz are too easy to fake...and the Shuster piece looks like a recreation of another Schuster image or images I think I have seen. 

Edited by Rick2you2

54 minutes ago, glendgold said:

I post this because some people enjoy being taken to the Woodshed:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/130696_traditional-and-modern-fine-art-sale/

Getcha some of that sweet sweet Private Hungary Collector provenance. 

G

Amazing, Hard to think about the rationale for liveauctioneers to allow this.

22 minutes ago, aokartman said:

Amazing, Hard to think about the rationale for liveauctioneers to allow this.

The rationale?  Money, coupled with a complete lack of consequence, which is basically the rationale du jour for everything.