• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you Grade my X-Men 266

10 posts in this topic

8.0/8.5

too many indentation in the cover, plus a couple spine breaks.

Really difficult to grade accurately from a photo, a scan would be better.

8.0 sumo.gif

moderns need to be pristine to be slabbable. slabbable? slab-able.

whatever, you get the gist

I'm thinking of sending this to get graded, I love X-men and Gambit, and it is a pretty key issue I do believe

It's a pretty common issue in high grade. Not my cup of tea, but it's what YOU like that really matters . . . might I suggest just putting it in a nice 4-mil Mylar sleeve with a buffered fullback instead of grading it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.0 sumo.gif

moderns need to be pristine to be slabbable. slabbable? slab-able.

whatever, you get the gist

You can grade whatever you want to grade. It's all up to you. If you love Gambit, and you love that issue, and want to slab it, go for it.

However, I would probably try to find a nicer copy to grade, as Sal says. Maybe not "pristine" but at least in the 9.4 range. There are plenty of them out there as others have said. I've been contemplating sending my copy because I swear its a 9.6, but PGX didn't think so, so I broke it out.

Chi, you ever consider getting Annual 14 if you love Gambit so much? It's actually the true first appearance, eventhough #266 is claimed to be the "FULL" first appearance. I've got a copy of the annual I'm contemplating sending in as well.