• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Spider Man 48

18 posts in this topic

I'd say 7.5 .....

I was going 7.0/7.5 but took off one point for the centerfold being detached.

gossip.gif

I'd say 7.5 .....

gossip.gif

The centerfold isn't detached. makepoint.gif That isn't the centerfold -- it is what you see when you open to the centerfold and then turn the page once. foreheadslap.gif

I would call this book a 6.0 or so. Too much staining (top edge of front cover), spine creasing, tanning, and corner issues to go higher.

I also see nothing wrong with opening a book to photograph the interior (especially on a mid-grade or lower grade book). There is no danger of damaging the comic as long as you're careful and don't smoosh the book flat.

I'd say 7.5 .....

gossip.gif

The centerfold isn't detached. makepoint.gif That isn't the centerfold -- it is what you see when you open to the centerfold and then turn the page once. foreheadslap.gif

As you can also tell from the page count makepoint.gif

I would call this book a 6.0 or so. Too much staining (top edge of front cover), spine creasing, tanning, and corner issues to go higher.

Photos are deceiving - e.g., I don't think that's staining along the top edge -- I think its a small bend that reflects the light differently. It's such a lousy photo, that I can't give an accurate grade . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I also see nothing wrong with opening a book to photograph the interior (especially on a mid-grade or lower grade book). There is no danger of damaging the comic as long as you're careful and don't smoosh the book flat.

I agree, as long as you're not jammin' the scanner top down on it - it's no different than actually reading the book - you guys do still read them, don't you? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Sorry about the bad photo, you have any suggestions for better shots?? And also what did you mean in the other post by a Fullback???

As pointed out by others - scans are preferable to photos.

Here's a link to the E. Gerber site, check it out:

E. Gerber

fullbackpsd.gif

Photos are deceiving - e.g., I don't think that's staining along the top edge -- I think its a small bend that reflects the light differently. It's such a lousy photo, that I can't give an accurate grade . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it is a stain, and further, there is a three-dimensional piece of gunk about an inch and a half to the right of it.

I think it is a stain, and further, there is a three-dimensional piece of gunk about an inch and a half to the right of it.

Wouldn't your microspatula take care of the 3-D gunk? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd say 7.5 .....

gossip.gif

Sorry...

I don't that lastest 3D photo enhancer software that counts comic pages for me.

Neither have I the issue in question to check if that art was the centerfold...

sorry.gif

FN 6.0

Yes, it's okay to open the book to photograph the centerfold. Just be careful when doing it.

You should always look at the entire book before assigning a grade anyway.

FN 6.0

Yes, it's okay to open the book to photograph the centerfold. Just be careful when doing it.

You should always look at the entire book before assigning a grade anyway.

Now you tell me tongue.gif