• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of Marvels During Movie Hey Day
1 1

5 posts in this topic

This year I got back into my hobby of collecting after over 35 years of letting my comics sit in storage.

Im curious if the value of Marvel Comics (especially Spiderman, Xmen, Avengers, FF ) were trading at higher values during the movie era in the 2000's than they are today.

I ask because Im starting to go through my old marvels now and thought they would go for more.

Edited by moemaya

There are peaks and valleys, of course, but as far as I can tell the "movie key" speculation phenomenon is still going strong.  The trick, as always, is having the right (heretofore relatively worthless) SA, BA, or CA book at the right time, and cashing it out to the right buyer...

2 hours ago, jools&jim said:

There are peaks and valleys, of course, but as far as I can tell the "movie key" speculation phenomenon is still going strong.  The trick, as always, is having the right (heretofore relatively worthless) SA, BA, or CA book at the right time, and cashing it out to the right buyer...

makes sense...

I'm curious as to which books you were thinking of. 

A lot of bronze books have skyrocketed since the 2000's.

FF 52 comes to mind as a book that has gone nuts since that time though it is not bronze. 

Avengers 144, 181, 195, ASM 101, 194, and X-Men 101 are all much more expensive now than in the 2000's...Even if they peaked during their prime movie period, they are still much more elevated now. I'm sure there are others...

Hulk 181, ASM 121, 122, 129, and Iron Man 55 are also much higher...

If anything, the movie book is right now but has been going on for some time, IMHO. I am continually amazed by the amount previously trivial books have gone through the roof. TTA 13!!!