• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New York Comicon Newbie
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Day 1 - Thursday

I'm glad to report that Artist Alley was moved to a larger space and a 1000x better than last year.  

It is still in the lower level but towards the middle of that level.  Larger space and wider aisles.

Employees are also stationed near the "hot" artists with designated lines for crowd control.  

At the open, the lines seemed longest for Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo who were stationed in the back corner. 

The artists' complained about last year's set up and I'm glad NYCC listened.

Have fun everyone.

Cheers!

N.

2 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

Day 1 - Thursday

I'm glad to report that Artist Alley was moved to a larger space and a 1000x better than last year.  

It is still in the lower level but towards the middle of that level.  Larger space and wider aisles.

Employees are also stationed near the "hot" artists with designated lines for crowd control.  

At the open, the lines seemed longest for Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo who were stationed in the back corner. 

The artists' complained about last year's set up and I'm glad NYCC listened.

Have fun everyone.

Cheers!

N.

That's good to hear.  I am headed there tomorrow and CANNOT wait!  So excited :whee:

Fyi - Most OA dealers are set up in the same area on the main level by the escalators on the North side of the convention center.

However, Spencer Beck is set up on the main floor away from the other OA dealers.  He is in the front of aisle 1800 by the escalators closer to the middle of the convention center.  Spencer only has a few bins of art (i.e., Bagley).  He is sharing a fancy new exhibit booth with some new independent creator owned publishing group (i.e. , Starlin, Sears, Leonardi, etc).  Something to look forward to.

Back to Artist Alley, Art Adams had 2 oversized covers with him where he wanted $10K and $9K.  He priced them high because he is "thinking about keeping them".  I could not position myself to take a pic because the lines were forming for him.  His lovely wife Joyce Chin is next to him.

Frank Miller is set up on the other side of Art Adams. He has poster prints but was not there.

As much as people love to go early on Day 1, a lot of artists show up late or on Friday.  

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

:gossip:

The Return of Wolverine.  Wolvie in forefront, X-Men in the background.  Art Adams always brings his A game whenever he draws the X-Men.  No surprise that it sold immediately.

I believe the other was for SlenderMan. There was a girl hiding behind a tree.

For those that missed out on the original, he has $20 11 x 17 prints.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos