• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a thought . . . what about topical sales threads for all sellers?
2 2

41 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

As an occasional seller, this sounds like a pain in the butt.  Instead of selling one or at most two comics, when I make the time to put together a sales thread and take care of the correspondence and shipping in a timely way, I prefer selling many, many more comics than that.

You can still have your own sales threads. It's just a thought to create something new in the forum.

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Very hard to manage and from a sellers stand point I see it as being too big a hassle.  Lets say there is 50 different threads ranging from Archie to Silver-Age Thors.  I've got a couple of books that fall into each of the 50 threads and now I've got to manage all of the different posts and keep everything in order.  A great idea for collectors who want to sell off a book or two and will have a audience of buyers.  

At this point won't there really only be Golden Age threads and a key book thread since those are the only books selling on the boards.

As stated above, individual sellers don't need to participate, if they don't wish to.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Okay, just to play devils advocate here, but what is to stop someone from simply undercutting everyone.  It's good for the buyers but stinks for the sellers. 

hm maybe that's a good thing? lol  I actually think it will widen the playing field (after first increasing the hype).

11 minutes ago, divad said:

As stated above, individual sellers don't need to participate, if they don't wish to.

True enough.  Give it a go but my money is on a huge dud once the smoke clears.  Isn't it basically a large WTB thread in the For Sales Area?  And we all know how few WTB threads get any action.

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

I have a Hulk 181 6.5 and Giant Size X-men 1 6.5 coming in Monday

we can make it a wolverine theme sales thread 

Sales thread pimper!

21 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’m planning on hijacking your venom lethal protector sets for $50 thread in copper next 

Love it but kind of a moot point since I could be giving away Venom Lethal Protector sets and people still wouldn't be shopping in the Modern / Copper sales area.  The place feels like a sub-set of the Mixed Ages area.

Edited by 1Cool

It's a cool idea.  It sort of runs parallel to the trend of people not completing runs but rather collecting 1st appearances, certain artists' covers or interior art, classic covers, genre etc. It seems to have very little downside. If it sputters out, it sputters out. But if it takes off, it becomes one stop shopping for a certain group of collectors.  I would have loved it when I was buying.  A Marvel picture frame thread featuring everything from beater readers to Ghost Town's delicious undercopies would be really fun.   

17 minutes ago, lonetree said:

Would the moderators be open to adding another sub-forum under "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area" perhaps named "Topical Sales"?  They could re-evaluate after 90 days or so....

I think that this may be the best way to go. It could end up being a sink or swim, or it could eventually become more popular than the present format. Personally, I've always been a "best athlete in the draft" buyer, but I understand the concept of wanting one thing and WANTING IT NOW! lol

Arch?

10 hours ago, divad said:

$5 shipped? :sumo:

Tree-fiddy! :sumo:

Edited by lizards2
Greggy sucks

I like the idea as a buyer

When the sellers who acuratly grade are selling lower grade books for more money right after a ‘lose grader’s’ books, it will maybe give a hint to those who can’t grade that they need to tighten things up a bit.

But why would a reputable seller who knows how to grade want their books mixed in with those who grade like they have been on eBay all their life?

11 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

I like the idea as a buyer

When the sellers who acuratly grade are selling lower grade books for more money right after a ‘lose grader’s’ books, it will maybe give a hint to those who can’t grade that they need to tighten things up a bit.

But why would a reputable seller who knows how to grade want their books mixed in with those who grade like they have been on eBay all their life?

Precisely why you say above.