• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truly Dissatisfied With Service
1 1

109 posts in this topic

The solution to these types of complaints like OP's is clear -- it's time to add "Sentimental" to Universal, Signature Series, Restored, and Qualified.  Complete with the brand new pink label.

All books submitted to this tier will be automatically graded a Sentimental 9.8 so long as the submitter demonstrates, based upon preponderance of the evidence, that they truly believe the book(s) submitted have been kept in absolutely 100% pristine condition since their childhood.  Spine tics, creases, fingerprint smudges, tears, spine rolls, etc. as well as any prior track record of grading prowess need not apply. 

Malcontents satiated, grading complaints minimized.

1 hour ago, Malavin said:

I look at this post every week just to see if the OP will come back. Still no joy yet. But I believe that one day he will return! With pictures!

like the opposite of Good Will Hunting.

I'd recommend reading up on how CGC grades and what they look for. Ive been trying to practice in the PGM/Please Grade My Forum, seeing what is posted then trying to get a est for myself before viewing what other more experienced graders have to say. I will admit I do not have it down fully but I have gained a bit of knowledge from looking on there.