• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] F/S: Batman 497 CGC 9.8 Newsstand - 1st Print - CLOSING Tonight - Trade Added

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, been lurking/posting/buying for awhile on the boards and I have purchased/sold a few books thus far so if you need any references just let me know and or check out my kudos thread here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9184022#Post9184022

Some rules and general information:

1) trumps any PMs or ongoing negotiations.

2) Shipping - I am located in Canada and everything will ship from here. I package very well and this book will be boxed and packed with extreme care. Shipping will only be to Canada or the continental U.S. Shipping will cost $12.00 (it will be more than this but I will cover it)

3) Acceptable forms of payment: Paypal only here.

4) No HOSers or problem children. Your $$ is no good here. I also reserve the right not to sell to someone on my personal do not sell to list. It would help if the buyer is a member with solid feedback on the boards (PM me to discuss if you have little or no feedback please).

5) All prices in $USD.

6) CGC case is in great shape - see note below regarding re-labeling

7) No returns on CGC books - unless I missed something.

8) If you need more photos I am happy to accommodate - just let me know (sorry for the glare - I don't have a scanner )

9) Feel free to PM me offers or questions.

Batman 497 in CGC 9.8 is quite rare as a newsstand and fetches far more than the regular direct edition (i.e., GPA for the newsstand 9.8 is currently at $260 with the last sale coming in late August and there is a copy on Ebay for $350 right now).  Please note that this copy has been labelled as a SECOND PRINTING however, as you can see it is indeed a first print newsstand as the second print has a yellow background in the Batman logo (as opposed to white on the 1st print) and the second print has a roman numeral II in the upper left hand box (which this copy does not) - Furthermore, I have confirmed it is a First Print and label error with CGC who have agreed to re-holder the book properly free of charge - however, I thought I would see if a boardie here wanted to purchase as is and complete the re-holdering process themselves (with a discount on the book for the trouble).  If it doesn't sell by Thursday AM I will take it down and ship to CGC for re-holdering.

With all of that being said:

Batman 497 CGC 9.8 White Pages - NEWSSTAND COPY - FIRST PRINT (to be re-holdered by CGC) - Asking Price = $225.00 USD

255963116_Batman497NewwsstandFC.thumb.jpg.a85cb58b0215e7902be9349755f621bf.jpg

1079290165_Batman497NewwsstandBC.thumb.jpg.c386d2e2285aaacdd3c1765171ce1411.jpg

Edited by Chillax23