• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this book plz.

6 posts in this topic

the seller said this about it

Daredevil #1 from 1964 - LEE / EVERETT / ROSEN A complete copy, well-read and worn but still intact and both staples still secure and shiny. Biggest fault is tape on top right corner of cover and agian on the back cover. No tape on interior which is in very nice condition with pages cream to light tan - all the damage is on the cover.

Welcome to the boards Robest.

Most guys won't grade a postage sizes ebay scan. I relize you don't have the comic in hand yet. The comic probable fits in the 2.0 to 3.0 range because of the tape. The spine looks rough and frayed at the bottom. So I'd say the best you can hope for is 3.0. Looks like a nice reader though. Better than my copy as it got thrown away in my childhood due to the cover fallen off. tonofbricks.gif

I think the tape STAIN severely degrades this book. I wouldn't give it better than 1.8/2.0, not solely due to the tape alone, but the stain that accompanies it.

Robest - I would think twice before purchasing a book with this type of damage. The tape residue has left that paper full of harmful acids that will continue to eat away and degrade the paper. This book is a ticking time bomb and will only get worse unless it is properly restored.

If a lower grade book is all that your budget will allow, then I'd recommend getting a 1.8/2.0 with other types of flaws that are not "ongoing" like this stain. For instance, I'd rather have a 2.0 with an accumulation of creases or chips than a 2.0 due to a tape stain. DD 1 is a common book and you should be able to easily find one in lower grades with less severe damage than this book.

Good luck!

If a lower grade book is all that your budget will allow, then I'd recommend getting a 1.8/2.0 with other types of flaws that are not "ongoing" like this stain. For instance, I'd rather have a 2.0 with an accumulation of creases or chips than a 2.0 due to a tape stain. DD 1 is a common book and you should be able to easily find one in lower grades with less severe damage than this book.

Good luck!

thumbsup2.gif

Hope you got it dirt cheap.

That tape stain is very bad.

I couldn't go more than Fr/G 1.5.

I don't think a book in "good" can have a real nasty stain like that even though the rest of the book is solid 2.0/2.5.