• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I dont wanna be buried in a pet sematary.

50 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I disagree -- just like the movies are a different medium than the comics, so too do they differ from novels and short stories.

Even with a master like Steven King, some major changes can work -- and some of his film adaptations are stronger than the original stories.

Examples that come to mind?

The Mist, with its last two minutes

And The Shawshank Redemption, with Red being played by a black man.

I agree to a point. The problem occurs when there original story is changed so much that it starts to feel like something completely different. Deviate too far, and you risk losing your audience, which is what I feel is happening to this remake. My interest has really dropped since I saw trailer 2.

If you want to talk changes in comic books, it can really backfire. Look what they did to "Deadpool" in Origins.

Edited by Darkowl

Just saw trailer 2 and generally enjoyed it.  I didn't have much problem with the girl replacing Gage as the dead kid, what's the big deal?  I agree with their reasoning that an undead toddler is nowhere near as scary as an undead older kid.  Every time I saw Gage in the first film I just thought to myself how easy it would be to punt him.

In retrospect I love the cheesy camp of the first film, but I doubt I'll end up missing it in a remake.

28 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

In retrospect I love the cheesy camp of the first film, but I doubt I'll end up missing it in a remake.

After seeing IT (2017) and comparing it to Stephen King's IT mini-series, I felt the same way. But there are still parts of the TV series that make it fun to go back to.

Because the TV show could take more time to portray the slow antagonizing of each child, you come to realize why this experience haunts all their dreams. Sure, it is campy now. But it still makes for a fun time watching this early work.

On 3/18/2019 at 6:34 AM, fantastic_four said:

Just saw trailer 2 and generally enjoyed it.  I didn't have much problem with the girl replacing Gage as the dead kid, what's the big deal?  I agree with their reasoning that an undead toddler is nowhere near as scary as an undead older kid.  Every time I saw Gage in the first film I just thought to myself how easy it would be to punt him.

Try punting him after he slices your achilles tendon. lol

Saw PS tonight. It was incredibly disappointing. Not scary (some creepy parts, but mostly jump scares), jumbled writing, and I wish they never switched roles. Really dumb ending too.

The acting was good, and Church was my favorite part of the entire movie.

I'll give it 4 out of 10. 

Edited by Darkowl

15 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

This film is a pale imitation of the original. No need for it to be made at all.

Very disappointing. The filmmakers should be ashamed.

I didn’t like the original film because it was so tame compared to the novel. I’ll still give this new version a look keeping in mind I will most likely be disappointed again.