• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,155 posts in this topic

[This is a repeat of what I posted in the "You favorite Purchase of 2007", but for those of you who haven't read that thread....]

Thanks to fellow board member hesdeadjim, I now own two of my favorite FF Hulk/Thing covers...in German! Many thanks to hesdeadjim for finding me some affordable reader copies, I love them. I didn't buy many comics in 2007 (we just bought a house), but I think stuff like this is really neat to own. Instead of being the highest bidder or shelling out big bucks for something, I found something a little off-the-wall. :)

germanffts4.jpg

I also found a new comic store in Burlington, NC (the town where I grew up) over the holidays. I told them that I was a big Hulk fan, and they showed me this little ditty (it's an Aurora model from 1974). I scooped it up for myself (along w/ a Hulk Hero-Clix, a Batman Hero-Clix for my wife, and a Thing action figure, still in the box, from 1992) for myself for Christmas.

hulkmodeldf1.jpg

These just back from a group I submitted at Mid-Ohio Con... Paratrooper saw them and liked them. Am I sucking up?

VSBs!!!! I especially like that IM #55 :cloud9:

Edited by djpinkpanther67

My first CGC submissions finally arrived in the mail

FF48.jpg

FF73.jpg

:banana:

Nice results!

Just those two? Come on, where are the stinkers?

Thanks guys!

Well here's the story:

I always had these two pegged to sub all year. Both of the grades came out what I predicted them - FF#48 9.0 and #73 9.4. The third book wasn't necessarily a stinker. It was a #33 7.0 with WP.The best presenting 7.0 you will ever see! Unfortunately I wanted an 8.0 or better for that particular issue #...

I thought it was going to be an 8.5 due to a tiny CB crease LR corner FC that I noticed doing a quick once over FC. The problem is that I subbed them at WW Texas on Saturday 10 minutes before the Con was closing up and I knew I wasn't coming back on Sunday. I hurriedly purchased a book, kinda glanced over it and turned it in with the other two. Again, I figured 8.5. The problem was I NEVER TOOK IT OUT OF THE BAG :doh: There was a 2 1/2" Crease on the UL corner BC, in addition to a small tear. :pullhair:

It was sold as an 8.5 to me and I ran with it. Totally my fault for not inspecting it closer. :sorry:

However there was a happy ending. When I found out what grade the book was I notified the seller to see if I could get a partial refund. He insisted on giving me a full refund for the book AND grading fees! wee.gif

There's no pic because I mailed it off as soon as it arrived!

Anyways, I'm 2 out of three on my subs but I still consider myself 100% accurate so far since I never really inspected the #33 like I did the other two...I will get a better estimation of my grading prowess when I start subbing my collection a little at a time.

Edited by djpinkpanther67

FF48.jpg

FF73.jpg

Nice results!

Thanks guys!

Well here's the story:

I always had these two pegged to sub all year. Both of the grades came out what I predicted them - FF#48 9.0 and #73 9.4. The third book wasn't necessarily a stinker. It was a #33 7.0 with WP.The best presenting 7.0 you will ever see! Unfortunately I wanted an 8.0 or better for that particular issue #...

I thought it was going to be an 8.5 due to a tiny CB crease LR corner FC that I noticed doing a quick once over FC. The problem is that I subbed them at WW Texas on Saturday 10 minutes before the Con was closing up and I knew I wasn't coming back on Sunday. I hurriedly purchased a book, kinda glanced over it and turned it in with the other two. Again, I figured 8.5. The problem was I NEVER TOOK IT OUT OF THE BAG :doh: There was a 2 1/2" Crease on the UL corner BC, in addition to a small tear. :pullhair:

It was sold as an 8.5 to me and I ran with it. Totally my fault for not inspecting it closer. :sorry:

However there was a happy ending. When I found out what grade the book was I notified the seller to see if I could get a partial refund. He insisted on giving me a full refund for the book AND grading fees! wee.gif

Anyways, I'm 2 out of three on my subs but I still consider myself 100% accurate so far since I never really inspected the #33 like I did the other two...I will get a better estimation of my grading prowess when I start subbing my collection a little at a time.

It's great you were able to recover your costs and it is a lesson we all have learned about inspecting not only both covers but the inside of the book as well. See my disappointment thread and you will see a book I had as a dead on 9.8 come back 9.0 because of some rust on the interior part of the staples.

FF48.jpg

FF73.jpg

Nice results!

Thanks guys!

Well here's the story:

It's great you were able to recover your costs and it is a lesson we all have learned about inspecting not only both covers but the inside of the book as well. See my disappointment thread and you will see a book I had as a dead on 9.8 come back 9.0 because of some rust on the interior part of the staples.

I agree, you done good. We all know the 48 is a key, I like the white pages on the 73 (thumbs u

Congrats Thomas. I can vouch for the man as he did indeed call the grades on these two books before he submitted them. In fact, after I sold him some FF's that I had in my car, I dropped him off at the front door of the convention center so that he could submit the books before the show closed for the day.

A future CGC grader in our midst perhaps? hm

:grin:

Scott

Congrats Thomas. I can vouch for the man as he did indeed call the grades on these two books before he submitted them. In fact, after I sold him some FF's that I had in my car, I dropped him off at the front door of the convention center so that he could submit the books before the show closed for the day.

A future CGC grader in our midst perhaps? hm

:grin:

Scott

You remembered that? :whatthe:

When I start teaming up with people to do the Economy Subs, yours will be among the first ones :gossip:

Congrats on your books Thomas. I guess I should be getting mine back from soon since I subbed them on the Friday of WWTX.

Thanks John!

What did you sub?

Congrats on your books Thomas. I guess I should be getting mine back from soon since I subbed them on the Friday of WWTX.

Thanks John!

What did you sub?

I submitted my Green Lantern #7(1st app. Sinestro) and Detective Comics 267(1st app of Bat-mite). I think both are in the 7.5-8.0 range. :wishluck: