• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

Thanks guys!

Well here's the story:

I always had these two pegged to sub all year. Both of the grades came out what I predicted them - FF#48 9.0 and #73 9.4. The third book wasn't necessarily a stinker. It was a #33 7.0 with WP.The best presenting 7.0 you will ever see! Unfortunately I wanted an 8.0 or better for that particular issue #...

I thought it was going to be an 8.5 due to a tiny CB crease LR corner FC that I noticed doing a quick once over FC. The problem is that I subbed them at WW Texas on Saturday 10 minutes before the Con was closing up and I knew I wasn't coming back on Sunday. I hurriedly purchased a book, kinda glanced over it and turned it in with the other two. Again, I figured 8.5. The problem was I NEVER TOOK IT OUT OF THE BAG :doh: There was a 2 1/2" Crease on the UL corner BC, in addition to a small tear. :pullhair:

It was sold as an 8.5 to me and I ran with it. Totally my fault for not inspecting it closer. :sorry:

However there was a happy ending. When I found out what grade the book was I notified the seller to see if I could get a partial refund. He insisted on giving me a full refund for the book AND grading fees! wee.gif

There's no pic because I mailed it off as soon as it arrived!

Anyways, I'm 2 out of three on my subs but I still consider myself 100% accurate so far since I never really inspected the #33 like I did the other two...I will get a better estimation of my grading prowess when I start subbing my collection a little at a time.

WOW! Who was the seller? That's far and above the call of duty, and is worthy of commendation!

Congrats on the other two, those look really really nice (thumbs u

Just a LITTLE happy about this one. :cloud9:

startling49.jpg

Just a great book, in so many ways. I hope you love that book in ten years as much as I know you love it now, and that every time you look at it, it brings you good feelings about your time here on the boards. Yes, I am waxing a bit here but I think that's probably better than just being bitter that I couldn't afford to BIN it when it was offered

startling49.jpg

Just a great book, in so many ways. I hope you love that book in ten years as much as I know you love it now, and that every time you look at it, it brings you good feelings about your time here on the boards. Yes, I am waxing a bit here but I think that's probably better than just being bitter that I couldn't afford to BIN it when it was offered

I agree.....on the short list of greatest covers ever. (worship)

startling49.jpg

I can say, with all honestly, that at least half of my favorite books have been purchased directly from here, and the other half I would not have know about without this place. I hope I like it 10 years from now too, but I really doubt that will be a problem.

I only went with 10 because the way things are going, we might not make it past 10

Apocalypse on the horizon?

Me personally, or the planet in general?

hm

I only went with 10 because the way things are going, we might not make it past 10

hm

Both? Either? Neither?

Lord Knight Protector of the Crimson Pantaloons?

hm

Both? Either? Neither?

His Sanguinely Panted Lordship will be just fine. As will his minions scatted cross the globe.

It's the planet that's got me worried

hm

Both? Either? Neither?

His Sanguinely Panted Lordship will be just fine. As will his minions scatted cross the globe.

It's the planet that's got me worried

lol