• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Thanks guys!

Well here's the story:

I always had these two pegged to sub all year. Both of the grades came out what I predicted them - FF#48 9.0 and #73 9.4. The third book wasn't necessarily a stinker. It was a #33 7.0 with WP.The best presenting 7.0 you will ever see! Unfortunately I wanted an 8.0 or better for that particular issue #...

I thought it was going to be an 8.5 due to a tiny CB crease LR corner FC that I noticed doing a quick once over FC. The problem is that I subbed them at WW Texas on Saturday 10 minutes before the Con was closing up and I knew I wasn't coming back on Sunday. I hurriedly purchased a book, kinda glanced over it and turned it in with the other two. Again, I figured 8.5. The problem was I NEVER TOOK IT OUT OF THE BAG :doh: There was a 2 1/2" Crease on the UL corner BC, in addition to a small tear. :pullhair:

It was sold as an 8.5 to me and I ran with it. Totally my fault for not inspecting it closer. :sorry:

However there was a happy ending. When I found out what grade the book was I notified the seller to see if I could get a partial refund. He insisted on giving me a full refund for the book AND grading fees! wee.gif

There's no pic because I mailed it off as soon as it arrived!

Anyways, I'm 2 out of three on my subs but I still consider myself 100% accurate so far since I never really inspected the #33 like I did the other two...I will get a better estimation of my grading prowess when I start subbing my collection a little at a time.

WOW! Who was the seller? That's far and above the call of duty, and is worthy of commendation!

Congrats on the other two, those look really really nice (thumbs u

He did go above and beyond, and in the process has earned a lifelong customer :thumbsup: The seller was Richard Evans, AKA Mr. Bedrock

Been working on the following purchases over the last couple months...fruition achieved when I returned from 2-week vacation to find the following in my In Box...

ASM76CGC94OWW.jpg

ASM79CGC94OWW.jpg

ASM89CGC94W.jpg

Clink deal...had the FF in the bag and looked to pkg another book with the $14 shipping tag...

FFCGC90OWW.jpg

DD43CGC90.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

i posted these in the Signature room as well, but I love these so much I wanted to share them here too.

I purchased a couple books raw from nik and a cgc 9.4 from a boardie (I forgot whom). I had gothamcentral/Carlos take care of the Signature Series label for me with John Romita Sr.

books purchased originally from nik:

VF

captainamerica138cgcss.jpg

VF/NM

captainamerica143cgcss.jpg

VF/NM

captainamerica144cgcss.jpg

pre-slabbed cgc 9.4 - got bumped down :(

captainamerica145cgcss.jpg

truecrime2.jpg

What an awkward way to fire a gun, AND take a bullet. I see some innuendo, but that just might be my twisted mind at work.