• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Recent buy. An old-fashioned whimsical cover!

adv190.jpg

adv190back.jpg

Dang Steel :o Look at the grade on that sucker :applause:

No kidding, can't be too many of those around.

...but "car laundry" hm

Nice DC Sci-Fi haul! I love those black outerspace covers!

Thanks guys. This one came today, and it's already out of its slab :)

TOU10.jpg

Just got this beauty from Dale Roberts....man am I broke now.Dale was nice enough to let me make payments when he could easily have sold or traded it sooner...GREAT guy.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

VENUS18.jpg

Just got this beauty from Dale Roberts....man am I broke now.Dale was nice enough to let me make payments when he could easily have sold or traded it sooner...GREAT guy.GOD BLESS...

VENUS18.jpg

That's a gorgeous book, Jim. The guys in green are intense. I admire Everett more every time I see one of his pre-code horror covers.

VENUS18.jpg

That's a gorgeous book, Jim. The guys in green are intense. I admire Everett more every time I see one of his pre-code horror covers.

I'm going to post some scans of the interiors in the "undead thread" in the GA section later this weekend.GOD BLESS...

Congrats. You've been talking about that book for a while now. Good to see you've landed a copy, and a NICE one at that!! :headbang:

Nice DC Sci-Fi haul! I love those black outerspace covers!

Thanks guys. This one came today, and it's already out of its slab :)

TOU10.jpg

Nice book...... (thumbs u

You just don't see enough of these anymore...what was the CGC grade before you cracked it out if you don't mind...????

This recently arrived Adventure Comics #260 is by far the nicest copy I have ever seen.

#260 has always been a problem for Adventure Comics collectors. The fact that it is Aquaman's first SA appearance makes it expensive, yet it does not look like a special book to spend a lot on...

adv260.jpg

Adventure Comics #260 has always reminded me of the much scarcer #242. A similar "Kents in the yard" theme. This issue was for many years the only CGC 9.2 copy, until another recently appeared on Heritage, though perhaps not quite as pretty as this!

adv242.jpg

both beautiful books Steelcity!

Here is my haul from the last ComicLink auction I just got in the mail today:

These two Lois Lane's leave me with seven to go to complete the run:

ll33cgc.jpg

ll36cgc.jpg

a upgrade of a copy I have had since I was around 12 years old, love the Neal Adams art:

bb79cgc.jpg

another upgrade of a lower graded book I have had sometime now:

80page1cgc.jpg

This elusive in high grade issue fit in to complete a little run of 271-298 of Action for me:

act277cgc.jpg

This and 133 are the only 12 cent issues of World's Finest I have needed for sometime now. I can't belive how difficult this frikkin issue was to get in decent shape:

wf168cgc.jpg

Finally completed my set of silver age Superman Annuals with this nice looking copy:

sma2cgc.jpg

Compliments of the Gator and USPS overnight shipping :luhv:

mm7.jpg

mm7full.jpg

Wonderful book! The cover is full of energy, like an old Saturday morning action serial!

That is a perfect description of this cover and the main reason I love it so much.

Thanks (thumbs u