• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

Thanks to Mikeyriffhard for this sweet JLA 108!!!

3483321278_31223270f0_o.jpg

nice copy! i have been accused of possessing man-love for that particular ish

Here are the last three books I picked up at the Toronto Con. I've been a little slow in the scanning.

This Sgt. Fury came out November 1969, the month before that I started collecting Marvel Comics. (I started with FF#96 and Thor #173 -- though finding Marvel Comics in those first few months was sort of hit and miss in my small hometown.) Fury was not a title I collected when young but I am including all period books as I start a "second" collection of early Bronze books that I would have bought on the newsstands during my first collecting period, 1970-1973.

SF76.jpg

I always found Amazing Adventures and Astonishing Tales (in their early incorporation) to be very interesting, with some great artists, Kirby, Smith and Wood. This book hit the newsstands in July 1970.

AT2.jpg

This final book is another title that I didn't collect when new as I avoided all non-superhero books. But these days, the 15¢ on the cover just cries out nostalgia to me. It's just a collection of 50s Atlas reprints, but it has a rather crude but colourful Trimpe cover.

RK6.jpg