• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Do it bro!

I would.

Got a few things in, mostly items everones allready seen before.

But I was really stoked to pick this up from Silver Surfer.

The full 22 page battle issue from Marvel Mystery 9

I just need to decide if I want to spend the money having it slabbed for a NG, to keep it well protected. I would love to hear thoughts on this.

I know its only pages but it is quite scarce its the complete story and it is 28 in the top 100 Golden age comics. Besides I probably will never own the full comic.

I would love to hear thoughts on this pleas.

Heres the first few and the last few pages

IMG01073.jpg

I was seriously going to get the splash page framed, its freakin awesome. (thumbs u

4 awesome new books that I thought I would share of the 50 books I received yesterday. I hear those 9.8 can really be worth something, not so sure about the others. I like to collect a diverse range.

(Single Series = CGC 8.5)

81441.jpg.c0598f1b57eb88c6bfb1b3aaa2cbefd9.jpg

81442.jpg.bf90de6cf26adf6820cb6ffc36f62ee6.jpg

81443.jpg.db5642633df971602a91494362aaefe5.jpg

81444.jpg.a808f9e48a26989a68c8d0b00e6bb3f5.jpg

A few more Batslabs. My 201-300 run is starting to come on slowly now. And I'm sick of apologising about the scans... :(

Batman275CGC94.jpg

Batman278CGC92.jpg

Batman279CGC94.jpg

Batman280CGC94.jpg

Batman285CGC92.jpg

I've got a long ways to go yet. I only have 11 so far with a #237 9.4 on the way when it's paid off. I do have most of the other books in raw but not many of them are worth slabbing.

It took me a while to figure that this was the run I wanted to finish up first of all. I'm happy with a couple of Adams sigs in there though.

The newest joy of my collection ....

AllStarComics8001.jpg

:luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv:

Wow!! Gonna keep it in all its glory or have it restored??

I'm toying with the idea of restoring it but the more I think about it the cost of restoring it would be prohibitive in relation to any potential increase in value but I'll still send some scans out to Matt Nelson and get his opinion.

What's a ballpark for a nice restoration on that book? Curious...

4 awesome new books that I thought I would share of the 50 books I received yesterday. I hear those 9.8 can really be worth something, not so sure about the others. I like to collect a diverse range.

I know the attachments won't show up, but sweet bejesus you have an eclectic palate for funny books!!

Strange Adventures #1 9.0

(worship)

From a thrift shop, I pulled this little treasure. It was surrounded by 90's drek like 'Ravage 2099', and was one of the few that were actually bagged & boarded. Now, I like ASM, but I'm by no means a completist, or someone trying to make a full run. However, I couldn't pass this one up, it was too damn pretty.

ASM91F.jpg

NO spine dings. NO creases. If it weren't for the miswrap (that's not spine roll), I bet this would score a 9.4 at least. I say 9.4 because the pages are OW, if the PQ were W it'd be a 9.6 easy, maybe higher. Really, if you held it in hand, the cover gloss is freakin' stunning. The blacks look like someone used 3-D glasses to pen them in, the deliniation from blacks to color is so sharp, it looks like an X-Acto blade was involved. I've never held another book from that era where the color separations slapped me in the face as this one did.

Strange Adventures 1 9.0.... :o(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

From a thrift shop, I pulled this little treasure. It was surrounded by 90's drek like 'Ravage 2099', and was one of the few that were actually bagged & boarded. Now, I like ASM, but I'm by no means a completist, or someone trying to make a full run. However, I couldn't pass this one up, it was too damn pretty.

ASM91F.jpg

NO spine dings. NO creases. If it weren't for the miswrap (that's not spine roll), I bet this would score a 9.4 at least. I say 9.4 because the pages are OW, if the PQ were W it'd be a 9.6 easy, maybe higher. Really, if you held it in hand, the cover gloss is freakin' stunning. The blacks look like someone used 3-D glasses to pen them in, the deliniation from blacks to color is so sharp, it looks like an X-Acto blade was involved. I've never held another book from that era where the color separations slapped me in the face as this one did.

great find!

I'm usually a SA DC guy, but I saw these at the LCS and couldn't pass them up.

Here's hoping y'all like scans...

Thor #152:

thor_152.jpg

Thor #160:

thor_160.jpg

Thor #166:

thor_166.jpg

X-Men #7:

x-men_7.jpg

X-Men #16:

x-men_16.jpg

X-Men #20:

x-men_20.jpg

X-Men #27:

x-men_27.jpg

X-Men #28:

x-men_28.jpg

X-Men #58:

x-men_58.jpg

Wow..nice find, you got it this week?

What are those spots from?

Whatever..that's just :cloud9:

It looks as if at some point there has been tape on the cover (tape free now) and it could be some kind of glue stain.