• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

Here's my latest, Action 108, Classic Molten Metal cover. I will follow this up tomorrow with a photo of my guys actually pouring steel out of the same type of ladle depicted on the cover. Yawn! Oh well, maybe somebody will think it's cool. I think it's cool. :grin:

ActionComics108.jpg

and a shot of the real thing :)

MIKES.jpg

Edited by hockey&comicsguy

Never saw that Nick Fury cover before, it's great and owes a lot to the Frazetta Famous Funnies.

it's actually Steranko's homage to Wally Wood. but you're in the right ballpark

Here's my latest, Action 108, Classic Molten Metal cover. I will follow this up tomorrow with a photo of my guys actually pouring steel out of the same type of ladle depicted on the cover. Yawn! Oh well, maybe somebody will think it's cool. I think it's cool. :grin:

ActionComics108.jpg

MIKES.jpg

Thats NOT cool........ITS HOT !! The book is too :whistle:

ActionComics108.jpg

MIKES.jpg

Fantastic!

Where do you work?

It reminds me of my home town, Lorain, OH. I was very impressed by a tour of US Steel when I was a kid, but I remember the scale as much larger than this. Do you work on small-lot specialty steels?

The artist (Jack Burnley?) must have used some good photo-reference here.

Jack

some nice new additions

84836.jpg

What an awesome book! If you ever decide to part with that one, let me know :wishluck:

I had no idea this was a comicbook. Seeing it makes it VERY tempting to go after a GI Joe 1, Transformers 1, and that one. Like the holy trinity of 80s childhood. (Is there a Voltron comic... oh oh and Strawberry Shortcake too... and Smurfs if there's one) Oh jeez... I'm in trouble Must stop looking at threads...

-Rob-