• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

Superboy146CGC94OWlr.jpg

Wonderful copies, Dover!

Just as a song can bring back memories of past times so, for me, do these covers .

I think Neal's Superboy run is very over looked. He did some great covers on this series, very serious. His Jimmy's and Lois, much funnier.

Yes, I knew it was there when I bid on it.

I've always heard that CGC did not deduct for bindery tears and this book is proof that they don't.

Considered a production defect

Overstreet needs to correct their grading guide then. According to the 2nd edition, no bindery tears are allowed on anything 9.8 and up.

Yes, I knew it was there when I bid on it.

I've always heard that CGC did not deduct for bindery tears and this book is proof that they don't.

Considered a production defect

Overstreet needs to correct their grading guide then. According to the 2nd edition, no bindery tears are allowed on anything 9.8 and up.

CGC's standards don't always coincide with Overstreet's. As such, certain defects are considered production defects and thus they don't deduct for them. I'm not sure if every bindery tear falls into this category, but many certainly do.