• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,167 posts in this topic

Picked this beauty up at the Mid-Ohio con this past weekend, fills a big hole between 5 and 600

It never ceases to amaze me that I live in Ohio and have no idea when the Mid-Ohio Con is.

Not that I scour the web for con dates or anything but sheesh, not a peep about it. Do they even advertise for that thing?

I live on the east coast, but have known about it for some time. It always gets mentioned here.

Mark Evanier always mentions it on his blog. And there's Convention Scene formerly ComicConventions.com? I forget the previous URL. I'd imagine those are just a fraction of the places to find out about it. Most of my LCSs have flyers for upcoming shows, too.

Got these in this week...

Probably the nicest CGC 8.0 you'll ever see!

3990680245_e73d958e3d_b.jpg

Upgraded copy for my BA collection. Actually just won a 9.2 WP so I'll be selling this one soon...

3981379271_f24f3a5b36_b.jpg

My keeper copy. Was looking for one with great centering and I found it...

3982335358_008f0950f5_b.jpg

Got this one from CLINK auction to help justify the shipping...

3991461762_758549c4a6_b.jpg

Picked this beauty up at the Mid-Ohio con this past weekend, fills a big hole between 5 and 600

It never ceases to amaze me that I live in Ohio and have no idea when the Mid-Ohio Con is.

Not that I scour the web for con dates or anything but sheesh, not a peep about it. Do they even advertise for that thing?

Supposedly they have locked in on the first weekend of October for at least the next few years. Long term deal with the convention center? Speaking of which, the con is always downtown at the Columbus Convention Center.

Ditto. I live 5 minutes from the convention center and I missed it. doh!

It gets worse: a week before the con my LCS had a ton of SA books in pretty sweet shape that he was having a firesale on (selling for $5 a piece). Well, I went in on Tuesday and he didn't have a single one left: he sold them all at Mid-Ohio! Said it was the best convention he'd ever sold at. And here I thought I was going to quietly get the pick of his stock. :censored: