• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

I have two copies of 119 with marks that

look like they are from newspaper bindings,and

have seen three others with the same sort of defect...

anyone else?Is this super common?

Let me know anyone,as it is on every copy I have seen

but one,and the fella selling his wanted $$ for his

as he had seen this issue as well.

Jimmers

I don't believe that they are newspaper bindings (my original 119 has the marks on the front and back covers). I think they are from the rollers on the press that move the paper along during the printing process.

I was going thru my old FF low/mid grade box of readers and I was just about to toss this water damaged issue but I flipped open and see the sig...no idea if it is real but I might just cut out the page and frame the splash page kirby.jpg

I was going thru my old FF low/mid grade box of readers and I was just about to toss this water damaged issue but I flipped open and see the sig...no idea if it is real but I might just cut out the page and frame the splash page kirby.jpg

Don't cut it out!!! Save the whole book and send it to me :grin:

thanks. I can't believe I had it for all these years. This book was given to me for free when I bought a better copy years ago at a convention. I remembered buying a mid grade raw comic and I was haggling the price with the dealer and I think he threw this water damaged copy as a freebie for the full price on the better copy. I think he had a box full of water damaged stuff that that he was giving away. I never even bothered to open the book for almost 30 years until now. I was just about to throw it out and decided to flip thru it to see how badly the water damage was and wowza.

Cut out the page, lol, you're killing me.

I was going thru my old FF low/mid grade box of readers and I was just about to toss this water damaged issue but I flipped open and see the sig...no idea if it is real but I might just cut out the page and frame the splash page

th916.gif

I was going thru my old FF low/mid grade box of readers and I was just about to toss this water damaged issue but I flipped open and see the sig...no idea if it is real but I might just cut out the page and frame the splash page

th916.gif

(shrug) Doesnt sound like that bad of an idea to me. Cleaned up a little, pressed and in a frame, that would look pretty sweet on the wall. Better than an old moldy comic.

I figured some of you guys would not like the idea of the "cut out" lol

I have found the best option to enjoy the sig. I will get a frame big enough to fit the book opened. Any suggestions on what I can stick in the frame to slow down the degradations of this book. It is not brittle but as you can see from the pic, other things are "growing".