• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

1-66 is actually the original X-men stories. 67-93 were all reprints of those issues. Sales were bad and they stopped producing new X-mens for I think 5 years??? Then of course Giant size X-men #1 came out and we had the new X-men and then they restarted with issue 94.

I actually might even do the reprints after I go for 94-200 or so.

I do want 1-200 eventually but 1-66 is most important to me and my original goal.

Chris Claremont's era IS my favorite storylines though so that will be fun and a lot cheaper. I will probably have to go for NM on everything in that run.

Make sense or am I rambling??

lol

Edited by TheDanimal

Makes perfect sense...

I feel like an idiottt for not knowing they were reprints... I didn't even know that!!

Is Chris Claremont hard to get a signature from? He shows up pretty regular, right?

Edited by LloydJBailey

Makes perfect sense...

I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for not knowing they were reprints... I didn't even know that!!

Is Chris Claremont hard to get a signature from? He shows up pretty regular, right?

Chris Claremont signatures are not hard to find,I even have a Uncanny X-Men #205 CGC 9.8 signed by Chris Claremont and Barry Windsor-Smith (thumbs u (not for sale of course :grin: )

You'll be done soon enough. I was talking with my girl tonight about possibly doing a super beater ASM 1-100 run eventually. I'm talking as cheap as I possibly can per issue as long as they're complete lol That would be fun!

yeah im doing a 2-3.0 run and having a very affordable blast

hoping to grab # 1 by the end of the year

Ya I just think it would be so much fun to see how affordable I can do an ASM 1-100 run. Maybe even document the entire thing to show collectors on a budget that it can be done. #1 would obviously be most expensive but i'd probably buy a coverless copy and have Matt Nelson add a cover and press it.

I wouldn't just get beaters for the very early issues, I would do it for every single one within that run lol Just to go as cheap cheap cheap as possible.

Ya I just think it would be so much fun to see how affordable I can do an ASM 1-100 run. Maybe even document the entire thing to show collectors on a budget that it can be done. #1 would obviously be most expensive but i'd probably buy a coverless copy and have Matt Nelson add a cover and press it.

I wouldn't just get beaters for the very early issues, I would do it for every single one within that run lol Just to go as cheap cheap cheap as possible.

maybe b4 u start the run, start a thread "guess how cheap i can do it"

would make for an interesting topic lol

Now that I'm looking around, I think for the most part, these books would be so low that most people wouldn't even list them for sale because it's not worth it in the .5-1.0 range .

Making a thread about it would actually help though and basically I would have to use the resources here to see what people can pull out for me.

That'll be fun!

Just in from Mr. Parker :cloud9:

SPIRIT022_65_COW.jpg

That's a heckuva a book Nelson. Congrats. I was surprised that Billy put it up for sale.