• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

One of the few moderns that will be worth anything in the future.

I was wondering who was bidding against the shill account that had won the Crow 1 CGC 9.8 two weeks before this sold.

Since a 9.4 sold (about a month ago) for only $40 less than this copy, the "shill" didn't do a very good job. I got a great deal.

He actually did since late last year two Crow 1 CGC 9.6s sold for $150.

I saw the two CGC 9.4 auctions that went for $140 (+) and it was junior bidders that most probably didn't know market value.

The shill also tried to bid up the Crow 1 CGC 9.8 from the same seller two weeks before, and after a few folks figured out what was going on, they either avoided bidding or retracted a $900 offer. That's why it sold for $500 (+). He learned a hard lesson as that book should have sold for $1K (+).

You still picked up a nice book.

So, according to you, a 9.8 should go for $1000+, and I paid too much ($190) for a 9.6, and the 2 9.4 @ $140 were too much because both buyers of those book had no idea what they were doing? :screwy:

Personally, I think a 9.8 is easily a $1,000 book given the scarcity and if this seller didn't do everything in his power to offend every single top level bidder it would have ended there easily.

Also, I think you got a bargain on your 9.6. Given the relative price, scarcity, of 9.4's and 9.6's I think 9.6's should be $250-300 books.

If there was a shill involved in the 9.8 bidding, and if that shill was the same one involved in the 9.6 bidding that came later he most likely cooled his jets and backed off of driving the price up to raise any more red flags than had already been raised.

You did great on your 9.6. I have chased these books for years and the 9.6 I bought I paid over $200 for and it was a bargain too.

I just think you have no idea what you are talking about.
Go back to the listing and check who you were bidding againt. Then do a search on the seller's Crow 1 CGC 9.8, and you'll see the same account shilling that book. Like Chris pointed out, he got enough attention from the first "sale," he chilled out on going higher.

As far as not knowing what I am talking about, trust me, on Crow, I do. But thanks for showing your short-temper and ignorance.

Crow_goodness.jpg

Let's add some positivity...

You got a great book fanfourforever regardless :) and Nick, where's your 9.8? lol just kidding!!

...But seriously, is Crow your favorite comic Nick? cuz you certainly have A LOT! I'm actually really jealous lol - sell me a 9.2/9.4 if you ever get one ;)

Let's add some positivity...

You got a great book fanfourforever regardless :) and Nick, where's your 9.8? lol just kidding!!

...But seriously, is Crow your favorite comic Nick? cuz you certainly have A LOT! I'm actually really jealous lol - sell me a 9.2/9.4 if you ever get one ;)

It's all good Lloyd. Just interesting to find out where the shilled book went.

For you, I'll keep an eye out.

Not impressed in the least.

It wasn't posted to impress you. I know these books quite well. But whatever.

You know them well because you have four #1's? I could have bought all four #1's that came up in the past 8 weeks (9.4x2, 9.6 and 9.8) had had a better collection than you. Would that make me a Crow expert?

You know them well because you have four #1's? I could have bought all four #1's that came up in the past 8 weeks (9.4x2, 9.6 and 9.8) had had a better collection than you. Would that make me a Crow expert?

lol

You have such a chip on your shoulder right now, you're not taking a moment to step back and think.

All I was telling you was the book was being shilled. Could it have gone higher or lower? Of course - it's an auction site.

I've been collecting Crow for a few years now, and saw most of these sales, and not just for a few months. That's what you were not hearing.

:foryou:

:gossip: Bosco is considered an expert on the Crow around here not just because of his collection, but because of his general knowledge & expertise in all matters Crow. You, on the other hand, seem to have no clue what you're talking about, and I'm fairly confident buying a couple of Crow #1's wouldn't really help in that area.

But, hey, what do I know - there are plenty o' self-proclaimed "kings" and "experts" around here whose claim to fame seem to be limited to owning a couple of books from whatever series they're currently interested in.

Honestly, fanfourforever isn't just being stubborn here....

Go back a few months in various threads that he has posted in and you'll see what I mean. Not only do you seem to hate life, but comics and other comic collectors as well. Why even post here if every single topic that comes up brings out negative opinions, insults, etc. It's either an inferiority complex or you're just a jerk! Either way, this hobby is supposed to be fun so lighten up. This forum is great for learning from other collectors. Bosco obviously has the top knowledge around here when it comes to Crow #1. Not just by how many copies he owns, but based on how long he's simply watched the market.

I'd hate to judge you through the forum as I'm sure some people here can come off like a jerk but be completely nice in person. So if I'm way off let me know.

Edited by TheDanimal

Go back to the listing and check who you were bidding againt. Then do a search on the seller's Crow 1 CGC 9.8, and you'll see the same account shilling that book. Like Chris pointed out, he got enough attention from the first "sale," he chilled out on going higher.

As far as not knowing what I am talking about, trust me, on Crow, I do. But thanks for showing your short-temper and ignorance.

Crow_goodness.jpg

(thumbs u Nice Crow books Bosco685, very nice collection! -- I am Impressed. :)

Crow_goodness.jpg

(thumbs u Nice Crow books Bosco685, very nice collection! -- I am Impressed. :)

Me too (thumbs u