• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Looks like it's Strange Adventures day for this thread...

Image6.jpg

Even with DC's penchant for over exposition on the SA covers, I have no idea what's going on!

Just read it...a scientist hid secret plans in his library books, but he was killed and the books were returned to the library. The gorilla (who's really an alien) was trying to steal the plans, which as luck would have it were for a machine that would change gorillas to humans (or in his case alien gorillas to alien humans), which would allow him to fit into human society, spy on us, and eventually learn how to take over the world.

This story was not DC's finest hour. In fact, the story abruptly ends two panels later when the gorilla (alien) simply drives his car off a cliff and dies. It's like the writer got halfway through this convoluted story and noticed that he had no idea where he was going with it and he decided to call it a day. lol

Image6.jpg

Even with DC's penchant for over exposition on the SA covers, I have no idea what's going on!

Just read it...a scientist hid secret plans in his library books, but he was killed and the books were returned to the library. The gorilla (who's really an alien) was trying to steal the plans, which as luck would have it were for a machine that would change gorillas to humans (or in his case alien gorillas to alien humans), which would allow him to fit into human society, spy on us, and eventually learn how to take over the world.

This story was not DC's finest hour. In fact, the story abruptly ends two panels later when the gorilla (alien) simply drives his car off a cliff and dies. It's like the writer got halfway through this convoluted story and noticed that he had no idea where he was going with it and he decided to call it a day. lol

I love this cover - and your purdy copy. I had been looking for a nice one for a while but have been too cheap to pull the trigger. I wanted to pair it up with this one, which I have on a shelf at school as part of my classroom display.

th_From-Beyond-the-Unknown-23-.jpg

[font:Arial Black] NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [/font] My fifteen minutes of fame are OVER! :cry:

The clock started ticking the minute you thought about posting.

:baiting:

hm Maybe my next purchase should be a CGC 9.8 CALIBER PRESENTS #1. :baiting:

:o

hm

:whistle:
Yoo cahn doo 'hit!

DSC000611.jpg

:popcorn:

(worship) (worship) (worship) That would be SUPER SWEET with a silver O'BARR signature. :cloud9:

Image6.jpg

I'm sorry, but to all those who still persist with the delusion that Marvels were better written than DCs, I say ... pffft! Just look at this and watch your world crumble!!!

Image6.jpg

It's probably closer to something like "DC's EIC had a policy of having cover artists come up with a hook for the cover, then handing said design over to a writer, who had to figure out how to tell a story from the cover concept - and in this case failing to do so" I would think

Image6.jpg

I love this cover - and your purdy copy. I had been looking for a nice one for a while but have been too cheap to pull the trigger. I wanted to pair it up with this one, which I have on a shelf at school as part of my classroom display.

th_From-Beyond-the-Unknown-23-.jpg

hm I work in a library. This might look good in my office.

Just one book this week....courtesy of Comic Link's April auction that I had completely forgotten I bid on.

RADA13302010330_93635.jpg

Nice (thumbs u I picked up the 9.2..can't wait to crack it out and read it :headbang:

I see Jen(sexyghoul) was sporting an Iron Man 2 t-shirt too, when she got her book from EvilAsh. :headbang:

The t-shirt is awesome!

It's at Wal*Mart for $7.50, I guess (thumbs u .

Yay $7.50 shirts!

25694_1405066057217_1549350049_1037969_5229899_n.jpg

Got this yesterday at the Stump Town Comic fest here in Portland. This guy is the only reason I went, I have enjoyed his work for awhile now and thought if I could pick up the new book and get his sig on it why not.

grickle2.jpg

grickle3.jpg

It's a little bit hard to read but this was my favorite frame.

grickle1.jpg

(dingle berry :cloud9:) Danny