• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,158 posts in this topic

Have been on a bit of a binge lately. Here are some of the non-moderns I added.

This Young Allies looks like it took a 1.0 to 1.5 grade hit for page quality. Looks very nice. (Glad I grabbed it as I think I would have lost the fight for the 9.0 on Heritage today.)

Young-Allies-19.jpg

Rube 11 helped me finally upgrade this one. (I won one on ComicLink that got lost in their warehouse).

Lois-Lane-56-CGC-94.jpg

While watching TAFKADixie (Sam) open his awesome blind eBay purchase box on video, I spotted this book. I hated my low grade issue and he was kind enough to sell me this solid copy.

Rex-Hart-7--VG.jpg

I also picked up some poker card art that was literally for poker cards. FX Show Celebrity Poker Challenge put on a tournament and created a deck with cards drawn by various artist. The Linser Dawn was way out of my range and I didn't bid enough on the nice Mike Golden piece, but did grab these three. (The actual cards are at the top of the drawings.)

Franco

zzz-Franco---FX-Card---Ninja-Mo.jpg

Rich Woodall

zzz-WoodallRich---FX-Card---Poker-b.jpg

Brian Hurtt (easily my favorite of the three) This features Eddie, his main character from Three Days Dead - a comic I will need to pick up to check out.

zzz-Hurtt-Brian---FX-Card---Gan.jpg

Nice haul :applause:

Have been on a bit of a binge lately. Here are some of the non-moderns I added.

This Young Allies looks like it took a 1.0 to 1.5 grade hit for page quality. Looks very nice. (Glad I grabbed it as I think I would have lost the fight for the 9.0 on Heritage today.)

Young-Allies-19.jpg

Rube 11 helped me finally upgrade this one. (I won one on ComicLink that got lost in their warehouse).

Lois-Lane-56-CGC-94.jpg

While watching TAFKADixie (Sam) open his awesome blind eBay purchase box on video, I spotted this book. I hated my low grade issue and he was kind enough to sell me this solid copy.

Rex-Hart-7--VG.jpg

Thanks to WorldWide Comics, I have added three books to my collection today that I didn't know I needed. A good question that was asked of me at the CGC dinner was how many books did I think were out there that I didn't know had card covers. I still don't know, but clearly quite a few. Any help on identifying them is always appreciated. Luckily, WorldWide labels all their incoming books for me so I can find the card covers.

The three raw books are labeled "Seattle copy," a collection I know nothing about. The Wyatt Earp is an upgrade, but I had never seen the other two Westerns (which oddly have a similar cover concepts) and never noticed the MOKF.

Cheyenne-Kid-17.jpg

Kid-Montana-18.jpg

Wyatt-Earp-13-F-VF.jpg

Master-of-Kung-Fu-115-CGC.jpg

Having fun with your collecting focus? Wish I could see the pics, but congrats anywho. If you're still finding 3 covers you weren't tracking all at once, you still have a long way to go...but that's the fun part.

I expect to keep finding non-mainstream moderns but it is surprising when I find a cluster of others. Since Westerns don't get shown as much, that is where I expect to find most of the "unknown" titles. Cheyenne Kid and Kid Montana were the two that showed up here.

Keep safe.