• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

I got a grail of mine today (thanks blind owl)

been looking for a nice copy of this issue for a long time. finally got the perfect deal on one

asmann1.jpg

(worship)

Two in a row!

Me thinks someone is starting to :whistle: a new tune hm

I don't have anywhere near the green to start :whistle: that tune lol

Just last night I inherited a 300+ DC collection. More of a Marvel guy myself but I'm pretty chuffed with it. After having a quick look there is nothing super valuable here but there's lots of it. These belonged to my Cousin Steve who recently died and it looks like it is his childhood collection. Condition is average (and in some cases pretty terrible) but there is something about owning comics that have been read and enjoyed. Really looking forward to getting everything bagged and boarded and in some kind of order

Here are a few pics

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

Mix of UK and US comics - usual suspects like Batman and Superman but also lots of Wonder Woman, Superboy and Jimmy Olsen stuff. Instant DC collection!

Also picked up a few nice Marvel bits last week

DSC00312.jpg

Highlights include 3rd issues of Silver Surfer and Iron Man and some movie based Thor issues

Cross posted in the too-often ignored This Week in your BA collection thread. I'll post the other 80 or so books from Chicago there later this week.

Straight from Chicago (after another trip to Baltimore). Priced raw $6, found in a 50% off box--not sure what the dealer was thinking, since other F+ romance books were marked $15.

I don't slab many books, but I was so psyched to find this. Never thought I'd own a HG copy, never mind come across one in the bargain bins. Tied for 2nd highest graded, and just a super cool cover I always assumed was by Cardy.

D'ya care yet, Greggy? D'ya?

103408.jpg.cbdbdc14e0a8b4c53240a07016165ead.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

Cross posted in the too-often ignored This Week in your BA collection thread. I'll post the other 80 or so books from Chicago there later this week.

Straight from Chicago (after another trip to Baltimore). Priced raw $6, found in a 50% off box--not sure what the dealer was thinking, since other F+ romance books were marked $15.

I don't slab many books, but I was so psyched to find this. Never thought I'd own a HG copy, never mind come across one in the bargain bins. Tied for 2nd highest graded, and just a super cool cover I always assumed was by Cardy.

Nice love :applause:

Nice

So why do they not put any info at all on some of the labels? Do they just no know who the artist is? Are there too many inside to list?

Cover looks like Giordano to me (shrug)

Nice

So why do they not put any info at all on some of the labels? Do they just no know who the artist is? Are there too many inside to list?

It's not even indexed in the GCD. CGC slabs so few copies (because there are so few in HG, I suppose), that it probably isn't worth the time to hunt the info down themselves. I'm sure they would include it if the info was handy.

It's really a shame on some of these DC romance covers during this period. They really are beautiful and cross-over into mainstream illustration art, rather than just comic art. More of the artists deserve to be credited.

Edited by silverandbronze