• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

TOS54WhiteMountain.jpg

very nice, i went to a book shop a short way from my house, a really small smelly old bookshop which had a ton of comics priced at around £2 each, loads of Iron Man and had some giant sized priced at £20, i may go alone (without the lady and child) and spend a good hour or so checking it out without the dissaproving tone of a woman

I laughed when I read that - but am all too aware! I cringe when the wife implies/says she wants to go to a show with me - my budget then turns to $20! lol

I should note that I do love her coming and wish we went to more together, but that said...

TOS54WhiteMountain.jpg

very nice, i went to a book shop a short way from my house, a really small smelly old bookshop which had a ton of comics priced at around £2 each, loads of Iron Man and had some giant sized priced at £20, i may go alone (without the lady and child) and spend a good hour or so checking it out without the dissaproving tone of a woman

I laughed when I read that - but am all too aware! I cringe when the wife implies/says she wants to go to a show with me - my budget then turns to $20! lol

I should note that I do love her coming and wish we went to more together, but that said...

Lock her in a nice room with a stack of Alan Moore Swamp Things.....say #20-40, that usually works. For some reason, chicks eat some Swamp Thing up. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Lovely copy Antman, bet there is some great ads and prices in it. :cloud9:

I haven't had a chance to appreciate the ads yet (as few as there were), but I did notice some prices while doing a page count. Action #1 - $1,000. For $8, you could get a Daredevil #1 or X-Men #1.

The "Market Report" was all of two paragraphs. There were several titles that noticed an increase from the previous year, including Little Lulu ...

Lovely copy Antman, bet there is some great ads and prices in it. :cloud9:

I haven't had a chance to appreciate the ads yet (as few as there were), but I did notice some prices while doing a page count. Action #1 - $1,000. For $8, you could get a Daredevil #1 or X-Men #1.

The "Market Report" was all of two paragraphs. There were several titles that noticed an increase from the previous year, including Little Lulu ...

Believe it or not, those prices were somewhat accurate. Back in '74, I got 9.0 copies of X-MEN 1 and JIM 85 for 10 bucks...for the pair. That was at the end of the show and they were STILL sitting in the guy's boxes. They weren't even wall books lol GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

Didn't really plan on bidding on it yesterday, but grabbed an Avengers Movie Poster off the Bay last night hand signed by the 13 member cast, looks like its a limited edition Marvel product and I get one of the nifty Acura duffle bags :applause: Here's the item link, will post additional pics upon receipt after I wake up from fainting :grin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120938784259&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:3160#ht_1515wt_922

Lock her in a nice room with a stack of Alan Moore Swamp Things.....say #20-40, that usually works. For some reason, chicks eat some Swamp Thing up. GOD BLESS...

lol

Honestly, she wants NOTHING to do with comic books (or anything related for that matter)!

She did not grow up a collector of anything - to the point where if her or her siblings didn't wear or play with something, the next season it got donated. I actually like the philosophy (when you give something away, only then you can add to what you already have). So I think she thinks of my collection more as clutter than anything else, respectfully that is. It did pay for her engagement ring though!

:preach: Hiyo!

I say it now and proudly...

I'M BACK BABY! BETTER THAN EVER!! I AM GOING TO MAKE THEM BLEED!!!

... with that said, now to finally post the much anticipated new crop of scans of new books to my collection that you have all been patiently awaiting for so long!

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-5.jpg

P.S.

Oh there is much more! :devil: