• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

My wife runs triathlons and ironmans so luckily or unluckily for me depending how you look at it, her "hobby" is just as expensive if not more so than mine so she really cant say anything about my comic purchases :banana:

Yeah, I bet that DOES get spendy, just at the grocery store alone (eating healthy ain't cheap)

Oh no! She eats like ! When you go out and bike 80 miles, then run 14 and then swim 1.5 in the Florida heat, you can eat whatever the hell you want. She actually HAS to eat crappy since she cant really maintain her weight unless she eats all day.

Its the equipment and races. her last tri-bike cost more than my 9.8 Pedigree Avengers 57 not to mention what it costs to ship that thing back and forth to her races. Going thru a pair of running shoes every month, wetsuits, Garmins etc, etc, etc. It never freaking ends!!! :facepalm:

1st rule of comic collecting for married men, ALL comics, i dont care if its an AF15, ALL COMICS cost "like $40" (thumbs u

Words of a truly wise man (worship)

Or "I traded some other books for this one." :foryou:

I've used that one a LOT! :devil:

Haven't we all :angel:

1st rule of comic collecting for married men, ALL comics, i dont care if its an AF15, ALL COMICS cost "like $40" (thumbs u

+1

I mean, just the other day I traded a Revival #9 9.8 for the ASM #50 8.0! lol

And can you believe, the Revival #9 was only $20!

+1

I mean, just the other day I traded a Revival #9 9.8 for the ASM #50 8.0! lol

And can you believe, the Revival #9 was only $20!

I like the cut of your jib sir! (worship)

$40?! :o In my house, they're all twenty bucks! $25 with shipping! ;)

My wife's best friend in High School had a relative who owned a comic book shop. So my wife and her friend would work at the shop part time for like 6 years (although I never went to that shop and I didnt meet my wife till about a year afte she no longer worked there). She had zero interest in comics then, and still has zero interest, but she does know the characters, obvious key issues and the general cost of much of the stuff pre-2000. So unfortunately I can't pretend the expensive stuff is cheap :(

So when she sees the stuff I've bought I just take the eye rolling and/or death stares in stride lol

$40?! :o In my house, they're all twenty bucks! $25 with shipping! ;)

My wife's best friend in High School had a relative who owned a comic book shop. So my wife and her friend would work at the shop part time for like 6 years (although I never went to that shop and I didnt meet my wife till about a year afte she no longer worked there). She had zero interest in comics then, and still has zero interest, but she does know the characters, obvious key issues and the general cost of much of the stuff pre-2000. So unfortunately I can't pretend the expensive stuff is cheap :(

So when she sees the stuff I've bought I just take the eye rolling and/or death stares in stride lol

That has to be the worst luck comic books v. wife story I've ever heard! My condolences! :foryou:

:o

I am not alone.

:banana:

I don't have that problem. I'm channeling my conversations way back when I was married to Matilda the Hun.

:roflmao:

:o

I am not alone.

:banana:

I don't have that problem. I'm channeling my conversations way back when I was married to Matilda the Hun.

:roflmao:

I do the same lol "40.00$" ... :roflmao:

hahaha, i went overboard with that one but ended up with an af15. thanks joey(roulette44) lol

Oh, wait no. That's the dude from Alpha Flight.

Looks cool, Claudio

EDIT: Nope, not him either. I give up. He looks familiar, but I obviously own no books with him.

Captain Britain :gossip:

Cool, I was right the first time (hooray for my brain cell :applause: ). I thought there was more blue in his costume.