• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Oh, wait no. That's the dude from Alpha Flight.

Looks cool, Claudio

EDIT: Nope, not him either. I give up. He looks familiar, but I obviously own no books with him.

Hey, I can’t believe that: you have never read a Captain Britain story, or a story where he is featured?

I really must post some of the insides of those – at least X-Men and New Mutants readers are expected to know them… :D

I am still wondering why everyone is after Captain Britain (first series) #8 which is merely the first appearance of Betsy, when actually Betsy becomes really relevant in Captain Britain’s second series, in the Alan Moore/Alan Davis and then Delano/Davis tenure. In fact, if you don’t read CB (2nd series) #13 and #14, you are left with many questions after reading New Mutants Annual #2. Those two issues are where Betsy loses her sight (which is restored by the nefarious Mojo with artificial eyes afterwards). :)

1st rule of comic collecting for married men, ALL comics, i dont care if its an AF15, ALL COMICS cost "like $40" (thumbs u

That was more or less what I used to tell my father when I started collecting italian 1930s-1960s (pricey) Disney comics when I was fourteen. I had to buy them when he did not see, problem was that I did not have a car to go to conventions, so I had to take my chances when they presented themselves… And also, I did not have a weekly allowance (shrug)

Luckily my grandmother was always there to supply cash when I needed it, and she understood pretty well how much I loved comics… (thumbs u

They were really that much in the 1930's?

Newest additions to my family.

CAM00850_zps59e803ae.jpg

Dinky Diecast

CAM00851_zps3e7df8dc.jpg

CAM00852_zps03fcaff5.jpg

I had the Six Million Dollar Man action figures when I was a kid. Very cool!

And Space 1999 was a fantastic show.

:applause:

1st rule of comic collecting for married men, ALL comics, i dont care if its an AF15, ALL COMICS cost "like $40" (thumbs u

That was more or less what I used to tell my father when I started collecting italian 1930s-1960s (pricey) Disney comics when I was fourteen. I had to buy them when he did not see, problem was that I did not have a car to go to conventions, so I had to take my chances when they presented themselves… And also, I did not have a weekly allowance (shrug)

Luckily my grandmother was always there to supply cash when I needed it, and she understood pretty well how much I loved comics… (thumbs u

They were really that much in the 1930's?

You mean the prices? Depends on the issues, but the 1930s title I collected (whose issues currently go for $120-250 each) costed around $20-30 each in the mid-1980s so, yes, they were expensive for a fourteen years old. :)

Hi all, Im pretty new to this forum and wanted to share some of my books that are going to be sent off for grades very soon. I am focusing on 1st appearance books, and number 1 issues but we all know it doesn't stop with just those :)

IMAG1289_zpsb23c23ac.jpg

IMAG1288_zps177a1469.jpg

249cc8d5-cc16-454e-8de2-75899e89c932_zps1b327ddf.jpg

IMAG1308_zpsc2c25b88.jpg

These are as many of us have just a few. but these are some of my most recent acquisitions.

Edited by Wookiee