• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,186 posts in this topic

I got this today... it has been on the top of my wish list for a long time, and finally I can hold it in my hands! This comic, issue #25 of the long-lived Strange, was published in France in january 1972. This was the first of many beautiful painted covers by french artist Jean Frisano.

fe_1.JPG

I'd LOVE some Salidas!! But I never see them come up. I will eventually get one or two just to say that I have one!!! In truth, I'm much more interested in buying these early books in the $20-$60 range in VG to FN, and bulking up the runs, than waiting for a single gem to appear, and then duking it out with the big boys. I bid 6x guide for the OFF #71 9.2 a couple of months back, and still got b i t c h smacked at the end of the auction!!!

That said, there are a couple of issues close to my heart that I would truly like to get out of one of the few pedigrees that had DC war books in them. One day. Does Ellsworth still have a lot of the Salidas? Is he still even in the biz?

I'll post some more recent pickups from this era later the week... again, mostly VG/FN, but books you just don't see that often.

Shep